guess what i just got!?

caseywoods5

Jul 18, 2010
Mc Roberts, Kentucky
went this morning to try for my intermediate driver's license... i did the route exactly as he said, only got a few marks off, and PASSED!!! i'm so stoked! and my dad said that if my mom can get insurance on my truck before i'm back down to his house, then i get to drive my truck home! i'm going to be hauling my blaster and dirtbike everywhere!! I:I

yeah man i've been waiting forever to get my license and to be able to go out and go somewhere without having to bug mom about it, and now i finally can! maybe one day i'll even be able to make it to one of the rides people start on here!

thats sweet brow but whats a intermiediate licence here we have a permit=with parents or actual license

and where are you from? just wondering so I know what neck of the woods to stay out of, lol j/k, congrats man, I know I was excided as sh*t when I got mine.

i live in Letcher County, Kentucky.

permit - must be 16, take a written test, eye exam and hold for six months... drive with another licensed driver and can only have 1 unrelated person in the vehicle.

intermediate driver's license - must be 16, take a driving test, hold for six months... drive with no other licensed driver and can only have 1 unrelated person in vehicle, can't drive between 12 and 6.

fully unrestricted license - must have held intermediate for atleast 6 months or must be 18 years of age (17 if you held intermediate for 6 months), no other rules except for traffic laws like everybody else.

see we have:
permit- written test, must be 16, someone over 18 must be in the car.

junior- hold permit for 6 months, physical driving test, cant b on road between 11 and 5 hold until your 18

after that you just get unrestricted license

holy sh*t, i'm old. I got a farm permit at 12 in Idaho in 1990 to drive equipment and a normal unrestricted license at 15. Man different times, makes me feel like an old man.......gas was .89 cents a gallon when I got my license.......lol

thanks everybody i appreciate all of it! and yeah i remember when my sister got her license and it was permit (6 months) then license and you were done. times have definitely changed! ^^^ be nice if gas was still .89 a gallon haha

my grandfather was telling me a story. he said that he was running on fumes on his way home from work and the car shut off. so he coasted into the gas station and tossed the guy a nickel. that nickel got him enough gas to go home and make it to a gas station the next day. a nickel might let you start it back up today