Tors problem. I think.

stall

Jul 5, 2016
Hello everyone. Im new to the site so go easy on me. Ayhow, i purchased a 02 Yamaha Blaster for my son. Got it for next to nothing so I can't complain too much but I can't seem to get the stinking thing just run. It's getting fuel and gets fired it'll start but it's the it's bogging. Got FMF pipe DG silencer I got the needle said 3, I got a 260 Main Jet in it, and he still acts like it's getting too much gas. Now for the fun part the guy that had for me try to tear the tour system off of it and handed it to me and parts and pieces so I'm not exactly sure what needs to be sniffed and clipped and what needs to be twisted and hook together. Funny really I don't remember being this much trouble on my 98 banshee. I put a new cable and cap on it and tap the carburetor out for the idle screw it all seems to be working but it still runs like crap. No power no nothing.somewhere somethings wrong. Ive clean the carburetor spotless rebuilt it. Remove what was left of the tors system but I still can't get thestinking thing to run right. Plwase help. I really don't want to buy another wiring harness but I want my son to be able to have fun. Thanks for any and all help.

You are sure it's an 02 ? 03-06 is different for TORS elimination.

No wires need to be cut or twisted, basically just unplug the brain, 3wire plug under the hood. Just make sure no wires are twisted together or left bare to where they can ground out.

IIRC, 03-06 has 5 wires coming out of the stator cover.

Seeing as it is new to you a compression test and leakdown test might not be a bad idea.

When you had carb apart did you clean it and set the float? Slightly different from Banshee level.
Also, did you record what jets you have in it? Does this Blaster have any mods?

You are sure it's an 02 ? 03-06 is different for TORS elimination.

No wires need to be cut or twisted, basically just unplug the brain, 3wire plug under the hood. Just make sure no wires are twisted together or left bare to where they can ground out.

IIRC, 03-06 has 5 wires coming out of the stator cover.

Seeing as it is new to you a compression test and leakdown test might not be a bad idea.

When you had carb apart did you clean it and set the float? Slightly different from Banshee level.
Also, did you record what jets you have in it? Does this Blaster have any mods?
Honestly im not sure about anything on this thing

So it looks like it only has 4 wires and,oh and i forgot ive already replaced the reeds do to to missing a few small pieces.
A ording to the vin ,if im reading it rivht its an 02. Originally i thought it might be an 03. It has a fmf gold srries pipe with a dg silencer with no airbox . And ive got a 260 main in it right now with the clip set in the middle and the air screw 1 ans half turns out.ive already cleaned the carb more times than i care to tjink about. Ive played with the float a little bit but stillno success. Ive went up to a 280 main and down to a 210 main with no luck. I know im missing something just not sure what.

A ording to the vin ,if im reading it rivht its an 02. Originally i thought it might be an 03. It has a fmf gold srries pipe with a dg silencer with no airbox . And ive got a 260 main in it right now with the clip set in the middle and the air screw 1 ans half turns out.ive already cleaned the carb more times than i care to tjink about. Ive played with the float a little bit but stillno success. Ive went up to a 280 main and down to a 210 main with no luck. I know im missing something just not sure what.
Also ive yried to trace whats left of the wireing harnes back. Alot of wires are missing.

Also ive yried to trace whats left of the wireing harnes back. Alot of wires are missing.
So i finally got the old girl running pretty well. After replacing the sheared woodruff key on the crank it seems to run pretty well. Although it still needs to be jetted , it pulls my 40 yr pld butt nicely. Im sure my son will be in love with it. Thanks for all your help and i hope i can bug you all again next time.

So i finally got the old girl running pretty well. After replacing the sheared woodruff key on the crank it seems to run pretty well. Although it still needs to be jetted , it pulls my 40 yr pld butt nicely. Im sure my son will be in love with it. Thanks for all your help and i hope i can bug you all again next time.
"So i ended up with a 280 main and stock slow jet and the air screw 1 and 1/2 turns out and the needle in the 3 slot. It is still running just a little rich with this set upwhen my son rides it. Dads is a little drier and tanner, due more to my riding stylebi think, but better rich than lean.

Reactions: Larry's Shee