i need to figure out if my reeds are shot

Dec 2, 2015
MN
So i went to go riding yesterday. i let my wheeler warm up until the choke just about killed it then i let it sit a bit long at a normal idle with a couple small braaaaps here and there then i slowly took off putted around in first for awhile like i normally do with my smokers but then i started messing around i did one donut in my field and then i started going down my drive way then it started acting up i could have just pinned it and kept it going but i just let it die i figured i fouled a plug or hit reserve so i checked my gas i had like 3/4 of a tank so i walked home got a new plug put it in and kicked it a million times and it seemed like it wanted to start at a certain position of the throttle but it would only rev for a sec and die so i got it back home started looking at it the carb was getting gas and i know i was getting spark so i took the top end off to take a look at it because i figured i could have crack ed a piston like on my cr and it ran exactly the same or felt very similar so i pulled the reeds they didn't fit flush on the cage i could blow the same amount of air in or out of them so I'm figuring they are shot but I'm not forsure it has vforce 3 any ideas

Yea they aren't cracked at least from what i can see there just not sitting flush and that's only 1 set the rest look fine

Did you check your compression before you pulled the head ? It could be the reeds. Mine looked fine but the Blaster wouldn't run till I replaced them. Won't hurt to install new ones to see. There cheap.