Getting into RC cars...

blastngo92

Jul 7, 2010
Louisiana
We dad decided to puck up some toys and got me and my little bro those evaders, they ride pretty mean and jump like a boss, i broke mine the first time driving it tho lol whoops disloged the rear left drive shaft and now the rear left tire just hangs just hangs, il have to join the RC forum too i guess, but im shure its not near as good as blaster forum and the colors of mine match my blasty!

Attachments

• DSCN2117.jpg
    DSCN2117.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN2115.jpg
    DSCN2115.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 143
Just dont forget about the spring between the axle and dogbone, those seem to always fly out when they come apart. Your instruction manual has an exploded view if your not sure about where it goes.

Never was into the electric stuff always had the nitro rc's.

Currently i have a nitro rustler with the 3.3 upgrade,an ofna ravager with the force .28 BB,nitro 4-tec with 66 mustang body,and a team losi aftershock with the 4.6 BB and a nova lrp race head,aluminum clutch shoes and a bunch od other mods.

Whats the top speed on the electric stuff now?My 4tec has a 2spd trans and ive never been able to pin it for very long in second it gets going too fast and literally lifts off the ground.

this sh*t will be a whole other can of worms if you're not careful. lol

it happened to me a while back haha

I dabbled in an electric rustler a few years back. Never really got full blown into it though, I would rather be on the machines I drive!

i have a rustler and my dad has the stampede i tell you if your doing alot of quick take offs and stops get yourself a set of steel driveshafts just make sure you keep the set screw tight or you will be drilling new holes.. but i never had a problem till i ran a 3 cell lypo there about $50 for shafts but well worth it if you run paddle tires it always sucks to be out with a couple cars and have urs break down when the batterys only last 30 mins and it takes 15 to fix it...if you have any questions pm me i have busted mine up and upgraded to some aluminum where it counts then busted it up some more :) you can get them things to fly but will spend the money fixing it when you do

Man the other forum sucks ass! lol its so complicated, theyre fun to play with but tedious to fix,@yamaha 28 i love to ride more than i do controll something however, il have to get my uncle to help ,me with this, hes always been into this stuff too... @cryptic il keep you in mind bro. @budget blaster, i heard nitros are harder to work than electrics were?

Just dont forget about the spring between the axle and dogbone, those seem to always fly out when they come apart. Your instruction manual has an exploded view if your not sure about where it goes.

yeah i did loose those but thats expected, parts are pretty cheap compared to blaster parts lol, so its all good

this sh*t will be a whole other can of worms if you're not careful. lol

it happened to me a while back haha

Yeah....and a lot of cash. My cousin got into RC's after wrecking too many times on his bike.....and he spends as much now on RC's as he did when he was riding. Some badass technology these days though and I can see how it can be addicting. He built a huge track in his back yard so he and his buddies can race, and he's got a scaffolding 'tower' high above the course for the racers. Crazy......

Harder?No!

More expensive?Hell yea!

Theres not much to the nitro.The motor and clutch are generally one unit then you have the gear box and whatever configuration of either 2wd or 4wd and then the electronics and suspension.Very simple to work on really.

With companys like traxxas improving their quality and the READY TO RUN features these days as well as the other companies out they make it pretty fool proof.

Theyre fun but like crack...expensive,addictive,and pointless.

For me its perfect i love doing models and these are basically models you can run when done.For the first timers or newbies look into the jap import ones my little bro bought a few of these and theyre pretty bad ass for just a couple hundred RTR so your not into it for an arm and a leg to have fun.Personally i like and prefer ofna or team losi

Man the other forum sucks ass! lol its so complicated, theyre fun to play with but tedious to fix,@yamaha 28 i love to ride more than i do controll something however, il have to get my uncle to help ,me with this, hes always been into this stuff too... @cryptic il keep you in mind bro. @budget blaster, i heard nitros are harder to work than electrics were?

nitros have there time and place for normal bashing electric has more torque and a higher top speed with the advancments that they have made in batterys and unless your racing at a track you will like what you have if its not brushless you will want to upgrade tho it took me two days to fry a brushed motor and about 8 months before i had to rebuild the brushless one witch is supprizingly cheep new bearings is all it takes if you dont want to be replacing the axles all the time switch it over to ball bearings also the copper ones tear up the axle shafts... plastic parts are good and if you break somthing buy extra because ur going to break it again and to have to run to the store to buy a $3 part is a pain in the butt... rocks pallets and anything else hard will shatter the front end if your going at a good speed but its better to break it there then to mess up the frame witch you would do with aluminum arms... if you dont have a wheelie bar look into it they save your body and your rear shock mount from alot of stress.. if you bend the shock shafts take some cloth and two pliers and true them up again replacments get costly after a while and they bend often

Harder?No!

More expensive?Hell yea!

Theres not much to the nitro.The motor and clutch are generally one unit then you have the gear box and whatever configuration of either 2wd or 4wd and then the electronics and suspension.Very simple to work on really.

With companys like traxxas improving their quality and the READY TO RUN features these days as well as the other companies out they make it pretty fool proof.

Theyre fun but like crack...expensive,addictive,and pointless.

For me its perfect i love doing models and these are basically models you can run when done.For the first timers or newbies look into the jap import ones my little bro bought a few of these and theyre pretty bad ass for just a couple hundred RTR so your not into it for an arm and a leg to have fun.Personally i like and prefer ofna or team losi

lol very expensive i have spent hundreds upgrading a $200 car but dam does it fly its the first time i have ever seen a glued tire come off down the road just from speed you gear up a lipo battery in a ruslter its hard on the motor and speed control but on a main highway speed is everything :) and nothing like watching and listening to othat motor wind up and scream past you at 70+ mph

sh*t theres alot of words in all this stuff >.< confusing lol well right now im flat ass broke so wond be upgrading for a while

They are an addiction. I've been into them since I was a kid.
I've had many many different models and scales but they are all the same in that they rarely get put away for a long time still drivable lol

Just like these here two strokes lol someone wanted to race my blaster on a 140 dirtbike that tops out at 46, biotch please! Lol