traxxas rc cars.

2strokesmoke

Jul 13, 2009
scotland
this is the tie of year i would usually get out the trusty rusty vxl, [my brushless model car] only problem is i fried the ecs at the end of last year, its not bothered me as the weather has been bad and i woulont have been able to use it.
so i said to myself, do i spend all the money fixing the rustler or do i buy a new one.
ive been toying with buying a 1/16th e-revo vxl, but i spotted the new 1/10th slash 4x4 vxl.
in a nutshell they are both realy fast and waterproof both 4x4 both 2.4ghz radio. if i get the slash ill have my old rustler to use for some spares... but im just not sure on the slash's looks. i dont want to offend any slash owner but it looks like a toy car rather than a proper model, also because of where the wheels sit the body catches all the dirt and it builds up inside them, i use my cars on a beach most of the time and salty wet sand in there wont do it good .
i realy think the mini revo is a total bad ass little truck [watch vids of standing backflips] but its smaller than im used too and with my experience of minis they dont like to be used in places with ground that is too rough other things ive heard are they overheat and strip rear diffs.
you would think it was a simple desicion but i dont get the chance to buy things like this often and i dont want to choose wrong.
has anyone had experience with either of these, im guna buy one but its driving me mental which is better.
here are links to vids for e-revo.

slash 4x4

Last edited by a moderator:
the merv is a tough little truck and will be fun, but that 4x4 slash is just bigger and would be awesome on a track if there's a class for them. Both are tough, and both will be a blast. Really doesnt matter what you go with, basically comes down to do i want something bigger, or a mini.

i love the idea of a mini that can do things my 1/10 trucks will do, is that the merv? im just using it for a basher no tracks round here. thanks for your reply.

i love the idea of a mini that can do things my 1/10 trucks will do, is that the merv? im just using it for a basher no tracks round here. thanks for your reply.

the merv (mini erevo) is a fair size bigger than the 18T, it should be ok for most things but grass i would look out for. My friend has the 1/16 slash and its picky about grass height (merv might be a little different but idk)

cool, ive had a mamba 8000kv 3s in an 18t before now holy sh*t it was fast but although it was a truck the slightest bump or little pebble would throw it, my missus has a mini monster baja, its much better offroad but its not very tough and its pretty slow. is the merv a similar size to a mmb or a mlst? i know its a different scale but im just trying to picture it and judge its capabilities on my previous models. cheers brute

I own quite a few rc cars,all of them are elecrtric.I have a rusty vxl,rusty xl-5,merv,and many more.lol I thought the merv was going to be a little small but it is one fun little machine.I personally don't like the slash and not for any major reason.Most people I have talked to love the new 4x4 slash though.It's a tough call but if you are mainly running sand I would say the slash's ground clearance would be better for you.

I started witha rustler and them moved on to an emaxx. I like the bigger trucks. I have wailed on these things and had no problems other than self induced. I once twisted all six of my draive shafts pulling my six year old around on a tricycle. He had a blast but I had to put steel shafts after that.

cool, ive had a mamba 8000kv 3s in an 18t before now holy sh*t it was fast but although it was a truck the slightest bump or little pebble would throw it, my missus has a mini monster baja, its much better offroad but its not very tough and its pretty slow. is the merv a similar size to a mmb or a mlst? i know its a different scale but im just trying to picture it and judge its capabilities on my previous models. cheers brute

the merv is very close to the size of the mini monster baja. I have the MLST (same thing basically) and my friends 1/16 slash had a hair longer wheel base, and the merv has about the same width as the MLST.

i thi ill get the merv, simply because every video i watch every statement i read says they are good trucks and very much fun. ive looked into the terrain people run them on its not that different to me. i think its the way to go, even after all this time contemplating a slash, they still dont apeal to me.
i asked to missus what she thought, she said well what does the slash do that the mini revo cant? that sums it up for me.... nothing, probably less, but its just bigger.
thanks for the help guys I:I