First blaster ever

brandoz28

Sep 24, 2009
Iowa
Hey guys, bought a blaster this thursday and brought it home, came with an FMF pipe, everything to do a banshee front brake setup, new weisco piston and freshly bored cylinder. bad news, it came home in boxes, gonna have to put it all back together now. Pics to come tomorrow possibly tonight, gonna have full hydro brakes possibly a stroker crank since the original was misplaced. I know the FMF isn't the greatest pipe but are there any suggestions on reeds that'll work well with it? gonna be a trail bike might do a hare scramble here or there as well.

p.s. rebuild is taking place in my second floor apartment, we got a lot of fun looks carrying a frame up the stairs I:I

putting it together wont be too hard till you gotta get it out of the appartment lol get some v-force 3 reeds they will work best with any future mods

yeah, it came with a manual so it shouldn't be too hard to put back so long as everything else is actually there. thanks for the reed suggestion

haha i would love to se the looks on ppls faces andyea shouldnt be 2 hard to put together and if yur short on money get boysen reeds there still good other than that vf3

i'm getting pretty anxious, gonna get most of the rest of the pieces to put it together on the way, came with an extra swing arm that the guy had started to extend, so i'll finish that up. gonna be a budget build all the way. hoping to get the banshee setup i'm bidding on for rear brakes, and i'll probably make brackets for the front, going to put the banshee hubs on the blaster spindles.

i'll try to get pics tomorrow when i get back, brought most of the parts home that need to be cleaned up gonna start on the banshee front brakes tomorrow when i'm back to the apartment, don't worry all you pic whores, they're coming :D

okay got the banshee rear brakes on the way yesterday, gotta keep my eyes open for a set of plastics, would really like to do a maier setup but man thats kinda expensive. i'll get some pics up tonight before the broomball game.

the window's big enough that we'll knock it out and ride it off the roof into the back of the truck. thats the tentative plan lol

okay i think i have most of everything on the way, hope to have the thing together by the end of next week minus plastics, don't have any of those yet lol

it'll be a lot of fun when its done. gonna try to get a swingarm extended next weekend. we'll see, should have several packages coming this week for it, I originally wanted to start breaking it in next weekend but i might not get all the parts in time to make it happen

7130_164397821490_507281490_3369788_5541284_n.jpg

thats what it looks like from the front

7130_164397826490_507281490_3369789_3857463_n.jpg

The FMF pipe that it came with

7130_164397866490_507281490_3369791_177547_n.jpg

and NITRO checking out the lack of progress lol

Cool .. .you got your self a nice project there..!! Looks like Nitro is contemplating the swingarm/shock setup.. Looks like he approves.. haha.. Keep up the good work..