New Member! Blaster Running lean?

dalejr33

Dec 26, 2020
Hi, I'm Dalejr33 and I just joined the forums. Great to be here! I've had my blaster for about a year. It runs really well and I have had it out a lot this year. Since its been getting cold its been smelling a little lean with little smoke when warmed up. My mods are as follows, FMF Fatty Pipe, FMF silencer, Boyensen Reeds, Air box lid removed (bought it like that), Weisco crank, and oil injection blockoff, running 32:1 amsoil dominator. It idles great and doesn't really bog at all but just the lack of smoke has me worried. Not sure about an air leak? Its a ton of fun in the snow! (20 degrees out) Glad to be on the forum!
Also, My main jet is 300
P.S. working on the green frame, super ugly! lol bought it like that.
Dalejr33

Attachments

• Yamaha Blaster.JPEG
    Yamaha Blaster.JPEG
    685.7 KB · Views: 149
2 strokes are more temperamental/sensitive to temperature change. Good rule of thumb is one size for every 20-25* of change, from perfect jetting.
What does your plug look like?

my plug is a bit light. I ordered the Vito's jetting kit which will hopefully help, it comes with new jets, a new needle and a carb gasket.

Another tip is if you're riding real fast in the cold , block some/ all air flow to the cylinder. You can actually over cool the cylinder/head . A piece of card board duct taped in front of it. My son four corner seized flat out in sixth gear in below zero whether.