Drag Blasters @ Busco Beach Sept. 23-25

Way to go James!! You proved that a skilled rider with a well thought out and planned race project is a winning combination. I'm most impressed by the way you just kept getting faster as the day rolled on. Ian and I obviously still have a lot to learn. We'll be back at it when he gets home. Nice showing by all the Blaster Forum dudes. Can't wait to see some vids.

I just got a call from Ian. He's in Delaware and on his way back. The final results were James with the win, Tater took second, Ian got third and I'm pretty sure Jess got fourth but I'm not positive. Ian improved his time from a 5.5 to a 5.2. Tater and Ian went head to head in the semi finals with Tater coming out on top. Must have been some great racing!

james went 4.81 and set the record for fastest blaster ever to have raced at busco beach .dan lopez owner operator of busco sand drags is putting up a tribute on their site about breaking the long standing prior ET
matt went flat 5.0 someone sent me a text that ian went 5.3 *but i dont know if thats accurate and last i knew jess went 5.5...for comparsion for those not familiar with sand drags in a timed 300 foot race 1 tenth generally equals 2 bike lengths.
the final outcome was

1st- lil3mill FLOTEK 240
2nd -tater FLOTEK 240
3rd -Ian- oconner racing
4th -jess FLOTEK 200
-not sure what the others ran

james went 4.81 and set the record for fastest blaster ever to have raced at busco beach .dan lopez owner operator of busco sand drags is putting up a tribute on their site about breaking the long standing prior ET
matt went flat 5.0 someone sent me a text that ian went 5.3 *but i dont know if thats accurate and last i knew jess went 5.5...for comparsion for those not familiar with sand drags in a timed 300 foot race 1 tenth generally equals 2 bike lengths.
the final outcome was

1st- lil3mill FLOTEK 240
2nd -tater FLOTEK 240
3rd -Ian- oconner racing
4th -jess FLOTEK 200

congrats to* all* racers you guys show the world blasters can run fast and still be competitive and keep guys like ken and I in business and loving the sport

the final outcome was

1st- lil3mill FLOTEK 240
2nd -tater FLOTEK 240
3rd -Ian- oconner racing
4th -jess FLOTEK 200

WOOHOO!!!!! good work denny u da man I:I. congrats to all, EVERY bike out there (except mine lmao) was a true beast and a force to be reconed with :D I:I.

Yeah Paul had the record of 4.93 on a stock jug 4mil on alcohol...they announced that James beat pauls record and Paul goes "damn I didn't know I had a record" lol. Surfrjag had 3rd place I believe because he had beat Ian but then he fried his motor. Yamaha girl bought back into the races after being beat twice (like me) and took the #4spot...I decided not to buy back in. I was runnin a bunch of 5.8s. I wanted to race the flotek stock jug blaster again but it didn't happen. We raced once but I think she had a spark issue? It was a lot of fun having a bunch of fast blasters all together. I had Mmajay use my phone to record the races I'll post them tonight. Congrats to you James, that thing rolls.

Yeah Paul had the record of 4.93 on a stock jug 4mil on alcohol...they announced that James beat pauls record and Paul goes "damn I didn't know I had a record" lol. Surfrjag had 3rd place I believe because he had beat Ian but then he fried his motor. Yamaha girl bought back into the races after being beat twice (like me) and took the #4spot...I decided not to buy back in. I was runnin a bunch of 5.8s. I wanted to race the flotek stock jug blaster again but it didn't happen. We raced once but I think she had a spark issue? It was a lot of fun having a bunch of fast blasters all together. I had Mmajay use my phone to record the races I'll post them tonight. Congrats to you James, that thing rolls.

wheres my killer 24 second run mang?? hahahan post that sheet up!!!

the final outcome from what i was told was

1st- lil3mill FLOTEK 240
2nd -tater FLOTEK 240
3rd -Ian- oconner racing
4th -jess FLOTEK 200

congrats to *all riders who made the trip down ,its not easy or cheap to build these and takes alot of dedication to show the world blasters can be quick
and still competitive in todays sea of four pokes ,without you racers who keep the dream alive guys like ken and i wouldnt be in business

the final outcome from what i was told was

1st- lil3mill FLOTEK 240
2nd -tater FLOTEK 240
3rd -Ian- oconner racing
4th -jess FLOTEK 200

congrats to *all riders who made the trip down ,its not easy or cheap to build these and takes alot of dedication to show the world blasters can be quick
and still competitive in todays sea of four pokes ,without you racers who keep the dream alive guys like ken and i wouldnt be in business

Your computer got a bug or something man?

Just puttin it out there all the 3 guys are close in weight by my eyes and all the racers were new to dragin on a pro tree.
Also not sure if this was mentioned or not? Goin from a bracket tree to a pro tree takes some runs to gettin used too I know this from racin my 383 Votech YS Mustang. It's up to the track on which way they want to do it.
This year Busco did the bracket racing on a pro tree which is kinda unusual but it happens.
The official races were agonisingly long.
Not from the amount of racers but the time spent in between races.
I have no ideal why it took so long but it wasn't friendly to the racers nor the peeps watching as alot of us just went riding.
I have a bunch of vids from the test and tune- very little of the actual races
Chalk that up to not bein interested but a mild case of monkey butt and having to sit on my sack for 15 minutes after each run :D

was it tater's wife who was taking video of the messing around we were doing on Thursday? She got a video of my blaster wheelie'ing halfway down the track I think.

@paulie: the drags at busco always seem to take that long. The lady at the front gate told me that August's drag racing ran until 6:15 in the morning. Tater said last year's races lasted until like 5am.

was it tater's wife who was taking video of the messing around we were doing on Thursday? She got a video of my blaster wheelie'ing halfway down the track I think.

@paulie: the drags at busco always seem to take that long. The lady at the front gate told me that August's drag racing ran until 6:15 in the morning. Tater said last year's races lasted until like 5am.

Ive got it on my cam, I'll post it tonight

i dont know how the placement went but we all had a good time racing. i dont think my motor blew up but all through tnt and practice runs it was fine i was running pretty consistant 5.5 with .06 rt and then when it came time to race it was sputtering up top i think i ran a 7 something against tater... lol. im thinking an ignition problem maybe? possibly fuel problem? i havent had time to really dig into it yet.
i do wish they could speed up the races i know everyone i talked to in the small crowds watching kept asking what was taking so long not to mention all the racers that had to stand around to wait for hours so they could line up. i know i spent a lot of time riding this weekend i was out till about 3-4 am riding trails each night :) some people were afraid to get muddy i think....

i dont know how the placement went but we all had a good time racing. i dont think my motor blew up but all through tnt and practice runs it was fine i was running pretty consistant 5.5 with .06 rt and then when it came time to race it was sputtering up top i think i ran a 7 something against tater... lol. im thinking an ignition problem maybe? possibly fuel problem? i havent had time to really dig into it yet.
i do wish they could speed up the races i know everyone i talked to in the small crowds watching kept asking what was taking so long not to mention all the racers that had to stand around to wait for hours so they could line up. i know i spent a lot of time riding this weekend i was out till about 3-4 am riding trails each night :) some people were afraid to get muddy i think....

So it wasn't a violent end? There's hope for the dragger still?