Gettting back into the fun.

Casey Clark

Apr 8, 2020
Huntsville , Alabama
Hello all! So first and foremost my name is Casey Clark, and I am a 26 year old Huntsville, Alabama native. In the next couple of weeks I will be purchasing my first Blaster. I started riding when I was 8, and bought my pride and joy (1997 Banshee) when I was 16. I sold that to help pay for college, and purchased a Yamaha Warrior shortly after. I kept the Warrior until we found out we were expecting our first child (2017). Ever since then my riding had been kept on an old Foreman 4x4 we use to tote tires at the race track. During this "lock in" we have been really hitting trails, and my wife has been begging me to get another quad so she can ride separately.

*Enter the Blaster*

So since I was wanting something a little more trail friendly for our wooded trails, but also wanted to go back to a 2 stroke. I have looked at 3 already this week and going to look at another 2 this weekend before I make the final call.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to hitting the trails on a new toy soon.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum. Let us know what you end up getting. Couple pictures?

Welcome to the forum. Let us know what you end up getting. Couple pictures?
As soon as I find the right deal, I certainly will post. Any ideas on some mods to help with a bigger guy? i know these arent exactly built for someone of my size (6'2 275lbs) Already budgeted for an extended swingarm, 400ex rear shock, handlebar risers, and a widening kit as well as cutting the front fenders.

As soon as I find the right deal, I certainly will post. Any ideas on some mods to help with a bigger guy? i know these arent exactly built for someone of my size (6'2 275lbs) Already budgeted for an extended swingarm, 400ex rear shock, handlebar risers, and a widening kit as well as cutting the front fenders.
Can raise the bars alittle. Are you looking at 03-06 with hydraulic brakes?

This bike it going to feel small to you period, just not a big bike. Do yourself a big favor and get an 03-06 with hydraulic brakes!

This bike it going to feel small to you period, just not a big bike. Do yourself a big favor and get an 03-06 with hydraulic brakes!
Oh yeah, Ive sat on one before. The size doesnt bother me too much as long as i can trim the fenders for my knees, and yes The one im looking at this weekend is a 2003 with Hydraulic Brakes.

Oh yeah, Ive sat on one before. The size doesnt bother me too much as long as i can trim the fenders for my knees, and yes The one im looking at this weekend is a 2003 with Hydraulic Brakes.
Nice. Any mods done to it?

V Force Reeds, Vito's Big Bore kit, FMF Pipe, and oil block off. If I can get it for a decent price, Ill have a widening kit ordered for it before i even get home. lol
Sounds like a nice setup. Hydros ,big bore ,pipe nice way to get back into it:cool:

Last edited:
received_3102578846459367.jpeg
Finally decided on this one, 2003 stock with 10 hours on top end. Oil pump deleted, will delete TORS this weekend and trim fenders Already ordered an Alba Bumper and debating on if I want to get handlebar risers or not. Carries all my weight quite well. Going to adjust the rear shock before i decide on going aftermarket there. Other than that im gonna keep it stock for now, may add an aftermarket silencer.

View attachment 34527Finally decided on this one, 2003 stock with 10 hours on top end. Oil pump deleted, will delete TORS this weekend and trim fenders Already ordered an Alba Bumper and debating on if I want to get handlebar risers or not. Carries all my weight quite well. Going to adjust the rear shock before i decide on going aftermarket there. Other than that im gonna keep it stock for now, may add an aftermarket silencer.
Nice looking ride. You. Adjusting rear shock for your weight?