Drag Blasters @ Busco Beach Sept. 23-25

james just ran a 4.9 very very close to setting the track record for best time for a blaster at busco beach ,after some adjustments today matt is only about 2 tenths behind him last i heard

in practice after some more tweaking this evening matt ran a flat 5.0 ..high 4's are attainable to him possibly ..i beilive matt told me earlier his slips show his 60ft power launch is similar to james 1.6 matts is around 1.7 ,keep in mind both engines are nearly duplicates i can say this because i blueprinted and built both along with jessicas stock jug stocksleeve that just ran a 5.5 .matt is less than one tenth of lil3mill ET and weighs a healthy 180 pounds and running borrowed tires that are only 20 inch 10 paddles (not enough) rider meeting is going on now (starting at 7) and racing thereafter is my understanding.-stay tuned

tonight if james can squeeze out 0.040 seconds faster time he will have shattered the record there

man I hope they get the airshifter issue worked out, that's movin, man this intense!!
stock jug 5.5 is movin too, that's. Pretty good. hopefully Ian get the bugs worked out

i heard Ian's scrapping the airshifter, < which is the only practice he has run with,
due to 3-4 shift issues, which apparently happened every run so far, i'd say he hasnt run his best times yet either if he can get his reaction times down

Those speeds are going to increase as the night wears on. They got 1.5" of rain yesterday about 3pm and they had the box blades going pushing water back over the end of the track towards the pond. Last night the staging area was difficult to walk in it was so thick and soupy. Everyone back there was complaining of how high their times were... The roosts were high but the quads were fairly slow.

Tater and 3mil were trading shots last night. The times are indicative of how close they were. A few times last night matt was short shifting.... on a 500' hard pack with ohtsu radials it wouldn't have affected him but last night with those haulers, it was killing him come up off some top end...

3mil started out last night launching low in second worried because in trying to get the track dry they had crowned it and it was throwing quads to both sides of the left lane. That, plus not enough seat time to get nice and comfy! LOL.

He's over that fear now though. Before they shut down the track at 2:25 AM, he was hammering the 2nd gear launch and that thing was going orbital. He ran against a piped drag banshee and won in one race I was watching. Both got good launches and lights but 3mil had more power down the track.

Dually's bike is running strong but a serious lack of seat time and correct practice conditions has left him kinda out in the sticks as far as gearing goes. He's working on timing the light too, I watched his launch on a few of his passes last night and his RT was getting a little better with each one.

Not to be outdone; surfrjag, noobs, and conquest were out there beating it up... none of them were into the low 5's but conquest doesn't have a wheelie bar, surf's running a strutted front end and noobs stuck with his dynoport pipe.

Had a few technical difficulties. Super noobers herculean right thumb strength actually pulled the "bullet" end of the throttle cable through the PJ cable adapter so it needed a little assistance before he could keep testing and tuning.

yamaha~girl had a broken spark plug boot showing itself as a hard starting engine and rich jetting down the pass with slight misfire. A quick rob off of lil3mil's trail bike had her back up and running. She also had terminally short gearing getting her out of power before the end of the track. A quick change of the rear sprocket did the trick and she made another pass late last night before they shut off the lights.

Reactions: bonzaiking
NP dude. I was down there for TNT last night but wanted a good nights sleep tonight so I came on home. Means I miss the actual runs but I get to sleep in my bed tonight...

Dually was having particular trouble on the 3-4th shift. It hung each time, the over-ride wasn't shifting with the air shifter and he was having to shift it hard manually. That alone cost him a few tenths.

yeah talked to ken and his lack of seat time is causing his reaction time to be high, hes got the motor to do it, just needs the practice to get better, good luck to everyone and hopefully the kinks get worked out on the 3-4 air shift. if he does manual its going to kill him since hes been on the air shifter.

little3mill dominated the blaster class as well as set a new track record for busco beach on a blaster. I believe he layed down a 4.81 300 foot pass. Awsome show of domination. His motor was above and beyond any motor there period.I:I Congratulations!!!

congrats james, alotta hard work paid off !!!!!!

congrats james!! i knew you would get below 5 seconds tonight, sorry i had to miss it though. lol i got my ass whooped a bunch this weekend but you wont hear me tossing out every excuse in the book, i got beat by superior machines nuff said ;). dually, keep at it dude, you as a jocky will only get better. but i got to say you guys got ur work cut out for ya up there in chowda land to catch james :D. had a blast meeting ur family bro, hope they come next year.

it was all in good fun, next yr i am sure ian will be somethin to reckon with.

lol i can say u guys CONSTANTLY talking sh*t about how he is going to kill everything on 4 wheels does not help.. it sets up frustration and puts A LOT of pressure on a already new racer. just ease up a bit, ian is new ken is new, to run around saying they are going to own is rediculas and not going to happen... i saw it with my own eyes. ian this is in no way a jab at u buddie, u will no doubt get faster and faster as u get more seat time and tweek the machine. keep ur head up dude and cant wait till next season!! I:I

Reactions: Paulie B
lol i can say u guys CONSTANTLY talking sh*t about how he is going to kill everything on 4 wheels does not help.. it sets up frustration and puts A LOT of pressure on a already new racer. just ease up a bit, ian is new ken is new, to run around saying they are going to own is rediculas and not going to happen... i saw it with my own eyes. ian this is in no way a jab at u buddie, u will no doubt get faster and faster as u get more seat time and tweek the machine. keep ur head up dude and cant wait till next season!! I:I

well like i said it was allin good fun, wish it had turned out differently but james kicked ass and thats that. ian had a few problems and is new to the drag racing and needs to work on reaction time,seat time and get the kinks worked out of the bike, hes got the motor to win it too. so we will see next yr. i will be there in person to watch