CD Player

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Well i have a 1997 full size chevy and i want to upgrade the stereo. I dont want nor do i like subs and that whole thing i just wanna get a different head unit other than the beat up stocker.

Here is the things i want, have a usb plug to use a flash drive for songs and ipod, easy to use, good radio, would kinda like a touch screen but not a flip out one those are more trouble then there worth.

Heres a link to a cheap egay one anyone try it. BTW i have a pretty big space to fill.
DVD cd car radio stereo touchscreen Player double din | eBay

would really like something like this idk if it is good quaility tho.

if someone has a large gigabyte ipod for sale lmk

Last edited by a moderator:
damn didnt even see the shipping lmao. i like the link awk posted. and its got a real usb plug.

Right, any radio will wire in. Double din is the hole size in your dash. Length, height, and depth. You can buy any radio but you will have to come up with mounting adapters and cover plates to make it not look like a hack job.

A 97 chevy truck is only Din and half so u can not put a double din in it unless you are willing to do some modifying to the the dash. And never buy an off brand dvd radio, especially the double dins. they are junk and dont last very long. If i had your truck i would do a JVC KDAVX77

My 2000 Silverado is a 1.5 DIN. It's a real PIA trying to find a good aftermarket one. I did a lot of research and found that you can do some cutting on the truck and get a double DIN to work, but I wasn't going to hack my dash up. I went with a single DIN.

Right, any radio will wire in. Double din is the hole size in your dash. Length, height, and depth. You can buy any radio but you will have to come up with mounting adapters and cover plates to make it not look like a hack job.

alot of places sale the mounting kit for a single din into 1.5 or double din dash, even walmart, i had one from there, it gives you an extra compartment below the radio to store things

alot of places sale the mounting kit for a single din into 1.5 or double din dash, even walmart, i had one from there, it gives you an extra compartment below the radio to store things

The one I bought just centered the radio. I'm still trying to find a decent 1.5 DIN>

t7zfw5.jpg