Billet parts and mild rebuild

Nice. That's a sweet shock. .

thats right, have some reps for the link to that !!!!!!!!!!!

j9t1sg.jpg

Last edited:
got some grinding done on the anti-vibe stem today too, gotta get me a flap wheel to finish it..................

35btssn.jpg

2it4gnk.jpg

which reminds me.....i gotta get brandoz some measurements

FLAP WHEELS ROCK !!!!!!

never tried one before, but a $6 emory flap wheel from harbor freight made quick work finish smoothing this extended stem out ...............

9zpsz.jpg

2uf93qt.jpg

must be straight and kinda balanced ???
stands on it's own !...............

dpy3xf.jpg

flap wheels ROCK!!!!!! you'll never understand how you got along without them, especially now.

and FWIW, a dewalt branded one is only a couple bucks more than the HF ones. I'm not sure if they're a lot higher quality, because i've never used the HF flap wheels, but I have used some of their other abrasives, and the price difference for 3M, Dewalt, etc is usually justified.

flap wheels ROCK!!!!!! you'll never understand how you got along without them, especially now.

and FWIW, a dewalt branded one is only a couple bucks more than the HF ones. I'm not sure if they're a lot higher quality, because i've never used the HF flap wheels, but I have used some of their other abrasives, and the price difference for 3M, Dewalt, etc is usually justified.

in case you missed my chat post....ECATV clamp is 4" center to center on the bolts

and yeah, HF had 2 different flap wheels, a generic looking HF brand, and some other off name brand, i got it for a buck more, did it's job nicely !!!

Reactions: Prime and brandoz28
Thanks for the measurement awk, saw it in chat too a bit ago. some rep for you.

like I said....you'll wonder how you ever survived without them now

FLAP WHEELS ROCK !!!!!!

never tried one before, but a $6 emory flap wheel from harbor freight made quick work finish smoothing this extended stem out ...............

9zpsz.jpg

2uf93qt.jpg

must be straight and kinda balanced ???
stands on it's own !...............

dpy3xf.jpg

Man them stems are slick I like what that flapper wheel did I used my flapper wheel on my brake lever it went from powdercoated blue and then to the alluminum color I love them stems I would have gave ypu some green but it says you must spread around rep before giving it to awk08 again

finally got a break from building the gsxr brake sets to work on my own stuff for a minute, got the mount made for the trailtech lights onto my anti-vibe stem,

I used a piece of 1/4" diamond treadplate, which all the bolt holes just so happened to line up in the open spaces between the diamonds, i also found i could mount my key switch in the middle as i loose my stock hood/key by going this route,
the mount still needs the diamonds ground down where it bolts to the stem, a little more edge finishing work, and of course polished,

i had to cut one piece (toggle switch holder ?) from the anti-vibe mount for the bar pad to fit correctly,
next i'd like to figure sumthin out to cover the bottom up so the wires and keyswitch aren't so visible ?

mounting this onto the bottom of the mount seems to keep the lights lower and out of harms way better than the trailtech mount, which is a top clamp/light mount in one, and looks to mount the lights almost as high as the bars ???

but heres where i got today............

153w7ll.jpg

2qusxux.jpg

2vb50g3.jpg

2d83j85.jpg

2z5t5j7.jpg

toggle mount cut off.........

okwljo.jpg

a little touch up with a red sharpie blends right in.......

11ce9uh.jpg

with the bar pad.........

xmik50.jpg

1qpb3r.jpg

99i1w8.jpg

i absolutely HATE how blaster forum and people like slick and awk make you want to rebuild the sh*t out of your bikes lol but VERY nice work awk looks awseome

looks good! but that key location, how does your hand fit inbetween those lights to get to the key??? lol

i have little monkey hands !!!! LOL
it's not as tight as it looks
and the key only goes in/out, or on/off, twice a day..
once before the ride, and remove when done