bar grips wont stay glued?

Unstock240

Oct 7, 2008
mid Ohio
Well I've got pro taper grips and use scott grip glue. They will hold for a little bit, but keep twisting off the bars before long. I even took sand paper and scuffed where you glue the bars. Any ideas on what would work better to make them permanent?

Even if I do that the problem is they keep twisting around. Eventually tearing in half like my old ones. I could try some harder grips that might work better.

NO its the scoot glue..i had the same problem..the scott glue sucks so bad it only holds for like 2 rides....try anothe brand..i forgot the brand i used but it has held for 4 months now with no slip

Well I found that scott glue grip is junk. I use honda glue. Make sure your bars are clean of debris(brake clean them off good). Use good grips(pro grips). Smear some on the bars and then goop up the inside of the grip and then slide them on good and line them up. Have to be quick too cause it dries quick. Once its on leave them alone for aleast a day. Dont go and try to twist them or ride the thing, Let it dry good. Also I found out the hard way. I bought some Scott grips and used the honda glue and it literally disloved the grips. Dealer said oh ya,have to use scott glue on scott grips.

Use some spray paint. My bud who races his 450r told me this and it works great. Clean your bars with soap and water, let em dry put some spray paint in your grips, and let em sit for a little bit. It works really good.

The wire is similar to trash bag ties or whatever, you just twist the wire to what you want to stay put. Probably just twist a loop around the thumb guard part of grips and hook it to something.

Well I found that scott glue grip is junk. I use honda glue. Make sure your bars are clean of debris(brake clean them off good). Use good grips(pro grips). Smear some on the bars and then goop up the inside of the grip and then slide them on good and line them up. Have to be quick too cause it dries quick. Once its on leave them alone for aleast a day. Dont go and try to twist them or ride the thing, Let it dry good. Also I found out the hard way. I bought some Scott grips and used the honda glue and it literally disloved the grips. Dealer said oh ya,have to use scott glue on scott grips.

I got some honda glue and it practically fused them to the bars. Yep the scott glue is crap. Went riding today for about 4 hours and they didn't twist or anything.

spray a GENEROUS! amount of brake cleaner into the new grips and on the bars and shove them on while its still wet and let it dry! it'll glue the grips to the bars, you'll have to cut them off it you need or want to replace them.

how do you do this safety wire thing?
take the wire and wrap it around the grip one to the left and one to the right. twist them nice and tight with some plyers. then cut any extra you have off. leave a little to press down. when you have a little left. press it down into the rubber on the grip it should stay there.

oh really? that sounds like it would work good.
I have always just musled them on the bars and they dont slip.
i only had a problem on my bmx so i got locking grips

i use permatex 3h or gorilla snot...its brown and will hold even if u submerge the bike. hair spray is good also not as strong, who wants to waste their aquanet anyway!!lol