'01 Blaster Issues... Low end bogging, dies and wont start after an hour...

Does it matter that those jets dont look the same? My boy who works at the rec spot is picking it up.

He's gonna see what he can find, hopefully pickup those jets and a few plugs for me, and i will report back.

yeah it matters. you only should use Genuine Mikuni Jets. they look different from what you have in the carb currently. The jets at the jetsrus page are the proper jets.

Got anymore pics of the carb? I sure hope the ebay seller didn't screw you. Sorry if he did. Cause his ad would be deceiving. Is it truly a mikuni carb? Any stamp numbers on the carb body?

If you think you got ripped, ask for a refund and send it back.

I dont think I did....?

It says Mikuni on the opposite side. I never said it was fake or a remake. This came from a seller that has over 56,000 eBay sales, and 99% positive feedback. He is also based in the U.S.. I never stated anything bad about it. He sells HUNDREDS of different carbs and kits and parts.

Either way, my buddy brought it in to the local rec shop and his boss said it has a different style of jet in it and the flow #'s are different. Gave him a few different jets to try out and some plugs so we can chop.

Im going to get in some wrench time tonight and see what I find. Ill report back.

Who knows.... Maybe this will be a great <$100 solution for people with bad/troublesome carbs. Maybe it will make the engine explode into a million pieces and blown so far into space it becomes recognizable on NASA radar!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was erring on the side of caution is all. I am the one who posted the original link and just wanting to make sure your happy.

If indeed you will use it and it is a 24 mm carb, I wonder if it can be bored out to stock 26 mm?

ah-oh....yz80 carbs, brand new, $26 w/ free shipping :eek:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc575c10e&vxp=mtr

every vm24 I find that looks like it actually came off of a yz80 has Made in Japan stamped on the clutch side.

the stock yamaha mikuni carbs i'm seeing have "mikuni corp" stamped on the throat near the cap
mik.jpg

none of this means the carb, if it is a chinese knockoff, will not work. there's plenty of chinese quads running around for years with theose on, and some of our members running knockoff OKO's with no problems.
for the $, it was worth a chance i guess.

Last edited: