'01 Blaster Issues... Low end bogging, dies and wont start after an hour...

:):):)

That will work on the Blaster as well??

About to order that thing up!!

before you order it. does it need a bigger Intake boot? seriously, I don't know.

Its a 26mms carb same as stock

I see 28mm in the description, OD. ?
but vm 26 above, either way.
thats a helluva good price and will fit right on a stock bike with minimal stretching of the boots if it is 28.
watch what jets it comes with, don't just throw it on and hope it works.
report and we'll advise on jetting

watch what jets it comes with, don't just throw it on and hope it works.
report and we'll advise on jetting

From looking on different OEM Yamaha sites, it looks like the STD Main and Pilot jets are 300 / 32.5

I dont know any internal specs of the motor on my Blaster, but it does have a FMF Power Core II on it, and it does have an Air filter as oppose to the stock airbox.

I also sent an email to the seller asking if he knows the sizes of the jets of the units listed.... Waiting to hear back from him.

actually stock jets on a blaster are 230 and 32.5. But Yamaha use Mikuni carbs. that is a Keihin card and is definitely not stock.

HAHAH!! Its all good! Remeber it IS Friday though! WOHOO

If that is the case, I think 300 might be too much for me no?

Looking at others setups, it seems I'm probobly in 250-260 range?? Idk about the pilot though?

However, since this unit is 2mm bigger, and will have a larger volume of air, will that affect what size main/pilot I will be using??

Just things Im thinking about in this tiny brain over here.... :p

Last edited:
bump...

Any ideas on jetting sizes?

Seller stated it is an OEM unit and doesnt know the internal specs. From what I can find, it looks the standard Main and Pilot jets are 300 / 32.5

I dont know any internal specs of the motor on my Blaster, but it does have a FMF Power Core II on it, and it does have an Air filter as oppose to the stock airbox. This carb will be 2mm bigger than stock as well.

The carb is getting delivered today and Im going to double check the sizes, but I would love to be able to get a order in ASAP since its supposed to snow on Tuesday!

I can't recall anyone on here posting that they used a yz85 carb on their blaster (I could be very wrong). You are going to have to experiment and report.

Sweet deal on that carb!! 300m might be a bit rich, depending on temps, but will be safe. Plug chop/read/ride, see how it runs. If you have a stock carb you might have to swap some parts such as needle or emulsion/main jet tube.

Sweet deal on that carb!! 300m might be a bit rich, depending on temps, but will be safe. Plug chop/read/ride, see how it runs. If you have a stock carb you might have to swap some parts such as needle or emulsion/main jet tube.

No stock carb, but this unit is a complete replacement unit. Should be able to bolt in and go. I think the 300 is going to be just a little rich as well, but not as much as the Keihin carb. That thing is dumping truck loads...

So I got the carb yesterday. I took off the bottom bowl and could see the pilot jet.

It looks like it says 92.5?! Is that possible? LOL

IMG_8435.JPG

As for the main, I didnt want to mess with trying to get it out when I have NO IDEA of the proper way to do it. My buddy who works at the local rec shop picked it up today and is going to dissassemble and lmk what main jet size is so I can report back to you guys for advice on proper jetting

I'm a little confused as to what you actually bought. the yz 85 was started in 2002 and used Keihin carbs pwk28 to be exact. from what I can tell. Can you get good pics of the side of the carb?

I think the main jet is an off brand jet. Jetsrus doesn't even list a 92.5 jet for that carb.

not to mention it looks nothing like a standard mikuni jet.