Bad weekend for the Blasty -RIP-

royalt67

May 12, 2009
Klamath Falls, Southern Oregon
Went MX racing this weekend with my three boys. Spent my time flaggin so didn't get too many pics. My daughter got some video, maybe I can put some up later.

Anyway, my youngest son (who races the 04) got crossed up with another quad about 50 ft out of the gates, flipped and rolled it. That put him in last place (not a usual location) and when the leader came up behind him (15K raptor 250) the lil bastard rammed him from behind, breaking the exhaust. Afterwards, I looked it over and told him to run it, even though it had a dime-sized hole in the silencer pipe where it joins the head pipe. My Bad.

Apparently that leaned it out too much and only 1 lap into his second moto the ole blasty seized. Very sad, really, it was a good motor.

The truly sad thing is that this was to be the Blasty's last race anyhow. The boy is ready for a YFZ, and although Blasters are fun, he wants to go faster and jump longer/higher. Part-out thread coming soon......I will be selling most of the aftermarket stuff and putting the 04 back to stock prior to selling it too.

Part-out thread coming soon......I will be selling most of the aftermarket stuff and putting the 04 back to stock prior to selling it too.

I'm interested in nerf bars if it comes up for sale...