Pro circuit Jetting?

Kelly32

Dec 11, 2021
Hello
First post I have just recently purchased a 00 Blaster for cheap was able to get running and had out for a weekend was running great when it blew the skirt on the piston
When going over the bottom end I had noticed that I had zero oil in the bottom of case I know mixed my fuel at 32x1 makes me think my jetting is too lean ?
I have my head out getting bored to 1.5 over to 67.5mm I am also getting the head ported and polished
I am at stock idle jet and 290 main pin is set at standard I would like to not have a issue when I have back together any help would be great

Hopefully you sent the cylinder to be ported and not the head :D

Jetting would have nothing to do with the skirt breaking off. Jetting sounds about right. Was there any scuffing of the piston from lack of oil?
You could have bad crank seals. As old as these machines are I consider them as routine maintenance. Might as well do them while you have it tore down.
You’ll have to bump the jetting up with the porting. 2-3 jet sizes

Yes correct I misspoke the cylinder is getting worked
Would you think the pin my need to be moved up a slot?

So looking for some help got top end back together and I ended up buying a new Mikuni carb model #vm26-8074 I was not aware of the difference in this and the stock carb looks the same but has little different inside floats and pilot jet, has 8 hole jet
I put a 32.5 pilot jet and tried a 240 main and I am running to rich idles but Boggs when throttled I have dropped the main all the way down to a 190 with very little change plug is new and clean but oily has anyone used this style carb ? Any advice?