Back to the Dublife !

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
off to snag my 7th VW on monday.
U-Haul tow dolly was reserved today and my truck is ready for some pullin I:I

i worked the seller all week on ebay, got him to call me this morning and end the auction early at $1500. he's been an ebay member since 2002 with 100% feedback on thousands of sales.

it needs $500 in parts all available new on ebay, all cosmetic except the fiberglass bolt on rad core support to repair,
easy fix I:I
the fender was not pushed back into the door, and has zero engine, tranny, suspension or radiator damage, runs and drives straight.
has zero rust anywhere and 4 brand new tires on factory aluminum VW rims.
KBB says it's worth $36-4800 in good condition ? which it will be returned too soon.

Jetta GLX 2.8L VR6 w/130 on the clock.....

k1dyq9.jpg

v6tbnk.jpg

30ky39z.jpg

2bwqcm.jpg

and the good stuff, VR6 I:I
258qtmv.jpg

got to get it on the road first, but may do a tasteful/subtle A/M frontend now ?
prolly get all blacked out, then a CIA and exhaust system.
maybe slightly lowered later down the road, nothing too crazy.

Last edited:
cool car to bad its a automatic =(

i could have had 100's of 5 spd. VW's,
auto's are harder to find
my other 7 were all sticks
but i'm not into all that shifting anymore in city traffic,
i'm old, and just wanna drive point a to b

plus my girl is going to tool around in this too, and i'm not sure anyone could teach her non-driving ass to use a stick :eek:

for some reason i always see those VW's getting into crashed... i know so many people who have gotten into multiple crashed with those vw's but then again they could of just been a bunch of idiots! lol

Nice score bro. Looks very very clean and in nice shape.Doesn't look like much damage to the front.Hopefully and easy fix!!Keep us posted. Awks first mod=new aarp sticker in back window:DI:I

Awks first mod=new aarp sticker in back window:DI:I

3times.jpg

well, i didn't have to drive the ranger after all, my buddies boss called off work today,he saw us loading up this morning and offered to drive his new silverado, i jumped on that idea I:I

she's home !

2nbw07c.jpg

it fires right up and sounds great, power everything all works as it should.
the damage does not appear to be as bad as the ebay seller made it out to be, i honestly think i'll get away with a little straightening, a rad/core support, hood and bumper cover ?
i think i can just fix the mounting tabs on the Halo Projector light, it mounts solid and all the adjustment is inside the light itself, every halo and light works, just needs mounted I:I

not sure how the airbags didn't go off ?, the sensor is just hanging there...
317clqg.jpg

might as well keep this rebuild going .......

it washed up real nice !
8xpw69.jpg

tore it down to better access the damage.
nothing engine related has any damage...battery/box, hoses, fans, radiator and all wiring are golden !
4uapz5.jpg

the end of the frame rail did take the brunt of the hit.
so this is what they mean by "crumple zones"
6ejeyr.jpg

idzqex.jpg

what it should look like on the left....

33u3o1s.jpg

gonna hook it up to the come along, throw some heat at it, and hopefully beat this back to useable condition ?
if not, a salvage yard frame end will get welded on

found a hood on CL locally for $50.
core support getting ordered from ebay soon, $103 shipped

I'm also in talks with a kid from pittsburgh for a velocity full body kit, fr/rr bumpers and side skirts, nothing too wild, nicely shaved and a couple extra vents.
says he just wants rid of it, i offered him $250, 1/2 price of new ?
currently on this car............
3Kb3If3La5s35H65t7d6a773043d98c661113.jpg

3M23I93H85r15K45J9d6a88b2480452ce14e5.jpg