Awesome yard sale find!

JWjite

Sep 7, 2011
Melbourne Florida
I had a community yard sale this weekend and I stumbled upon an ultrasonic cleaning machine. I think it is about a gallon sized machine it is made by AB beacon. The seller was asking 40.00 for it and I realy wanted one to clean carbs and small parts. I offered him 15.00 and he moaned and groaned for a bit but I finaly walked away with it. This particualar unit was made for cleaning jewlry at a comercial level so it is built to last and sold for nearly 400.00 when new.I found a realy nasty carb in my garage to test this thing out and I am totaly impressed with what it has done. I will try and post a video of this thing in action. I am using greased lightning for the testing (playing realy) but I plan on getting some of the real stuff. Would you guys like to see a video of my new toy in action?

hell, even a pic of it would be cool

Great find, especially for $ 15.00! Get yourself an ionizing rod to go in there so it doesn't start turning aluminum castings grey. Simple Green degreaser works wonders if you can find some. Just don't forget to dilute it to about 20:1...

We use a two-quart capacity ultrasonic cleaner at work to take care of gunked-up carburetors, and it works great. I just pulled a nasty Mikuni CV unit off a Yamaha out of there this morning and it came out like-new.

Regular Anti freeze works great in those things. Good score man.
BTW your sig pic took an hour to load up on my phone.

I have uploaded the first vid will post it when I get home.
OK I am home and at my computor so I thought I would share this little video this is my first time doing a video so be nice and enjoy it is short and I will post the results minyana.

http://youtu.be/55y7GzQPbj8

Last edited:
Looks cool i wanna see it when its done!! What exactly does it do i realize it cleans but how? other then just letting it sit in cleaner lol.

My dad got a brand new parts washer we havnt even used yet wonder how it works.

Last edited:
Nice score, dude! I'll give ya $30+ shipping for it 8-|

I've never heard or seen one of those.

The ultrasonic cleaner actualy works with sound waves and a cleaning solution. I have access to a much larger and way better machine than this one but for around the home garage I couldnt ask for more. As far as the parts washer there is no comparison to speak of. The ultrasonic cleaner coupled with the right solution is unmatchable. I was to tired to make the rest of the video tonight so in the morning before work I will finish it for you