Blaster help

Dang

Jan 12, 2021
this is a little update on my 03 yamaha blaster. I have finally been able to work on it a little, but there’s still a lot of problems. as stated before, i blew up the bike(basically the machine stayed wide open with no key in it while in neutral for about 25 seconds) so i replaced the crank, port and polished cylinder, new rings,piston, head and gaskets. i have tried to start it, but it turn on and does not rev, yet it boggs out and dies on me.(i’ll link a video below) I have tested compression and it read 150psi, and i do have spark. I don’t know what else it could be. I also found that i get spark to the plug with the key out of the ignition, don’t know if that has anything to do with it but i don’t know. any help is greatly appreciated!

Did you do a leak down test? How long did it hold 6-7 psi ?
Did you bore it for the new piston? What brand of piston?
Has the TORS been properly deleted?
What mods do you have?
What pipe?
What are your carb:air filter specs?

Reactions: Tylerpet12321
Did you do a leak down test? How long did it hold 6-7 psi ?
Did you bore it for the new piston? What brand of piston?
Has the TORS been properly deleted?
What mods do you have?
What pipe?
What are your carb:air filter specs?

I have not done a leak down test, but but i have a brand new proX piston, and i will go back out and check because i attempted to delete the tors. The mods on the bike is a fmf fatty pipe and muffler, port and polished cylinder, and carb is a 135 main jet and currently running no air filter until i finish

What carb do you have? A 135 is NOT for a stock carb. Not running an air filter is also a problem. First off you’re sucking dirt in . Second, you’re sucking more air than it’s jetted for!!

This looks suspiciously like a bad/chinese stator. Idles fine, won't rev at all if you give it gas. I had the same issue after a top end rebuild and had used an Amazon stator. Ended up buying the Ricks Motorsports Hotshot kit and it worked great.

Here's what mine was doing

And here's the link to the hotshot kit.

https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/Hot-Shot-Yamaha-Stator-Rebuild-Kit-22_990H

Note to all : Rick’s is good Ricky’s Stator is bad, and any other cheap stator.

Reactions: Miker1st