96 blaster got it yesterday it's bogging

My blaster is bogging

• Bad base gasket

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
96 blaster 200 got it home it's bogging and sputtering at full throttle I noticed they put on a cheapo china carburetor no idle set screw on it with a 170 main jet what is a good carburetor to run?
Nice find! So I know it's a bit overkill, but check the torque on all your bolts.
  • Cylinder Head: 20 ft/lbs
  • Cylinder (Jug): 18 ft/lbs
So what type of flange does your FMF have?
My buddy's had a weird DIY flange that they jammed into the expansion chamber so they could slap it on the exhaust studs. He had a nasty leak from that, so I welded that SOB up and he's got no more leaks.

But definitely look into buying the stock Mikuni VM26SS.
I probably have one of the only stock Blaster's on here, and the stock main jet is a 230.
Do you know what size carb you're running? It might be overkill for yours.

Nice find! So I know it's a bit overkill, but check the torque on all your bolts.
  • Cylinder Head: 20 ft/lbs
  • Cylinder (Jug): 18 ft/lbs
So what type of flange does your FMF have?
My buddy's had a weird DIY flange that they jammed into the expansion chamber so they could slap it on the exhaust studs. He had a nasty leak from that, so I welded that SOB up and he's got no more leaks.

But definitely look into buying the stock Mikuni VM26SS.
I probably have one of the only stock Blaster's on here, and the stock main jet is a 230.
Do you know what size carb you're running? It might be overkill for yours.

Only had the bike a few days I'm not sure on the flange it doesn't look homemade or anything and the crab was a 28mm I believe the guy said.. the carburetor is cheapo made with no name on it

This is the carburetor he put on it

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_062844.jpg
    IMG_20200206_062844.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
Reactions: Blasterjohny
Here is the exhaust flange.. it was a hair loose on both sides hopefully that sealed it up

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_171138.jpg
    IMG_20200207_171138.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 225
What size is the pilot jet.32.5 is what is in stock carb and usually doesn't need to be changed.