Blaster won’t idle

Bryguy99

Sep 14, 2022
Hello, I cannot get my 88 blaster to idle. I just put a new carburetor in with factory size jets and It still won’t idle. Also put a new spark plug in. I just did crankshaft seals as well. I don’t have the oil pump but I still have the TORS connected to the carburetor. Will that adjustment screw on the TORS do anything if its wires are not even plugged in? It will start up within the first couple kicks no problem and start fine when warmed up. It runs and hits power band in all gears but will need the slightest pressure on the thumb throttle to keep It running. I’ve messed with the adjustment screw halfway down the body of the carburetor but It still won’t hold an idle so I just leave It at one and a half turns. Could my petcock valve be shot? I noticed a very slow leak when I turned my fuel on a few days ago so I ordered a new one but now today It wasn’t leaking when I was messing with the adjustment screw. But I have no clue why It won’t hold an idle. Could the needle in my carburetor be set to low? Like should I put the C-clip down a level on the needle?

First off try disconnecting the tors brain. Only 3 wire plug under hood. Have you tried adjusting the air screw?
Might have to get a tors delete kit because a common problem is with the idle mechanism on top of the carb