96 blaster got it yesterday it's bogging

My blaster is bogging

• Bad base gasket

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What size is the pilot jet.32.5 is what is in stock carb and usually doesn't need to be changed.

Did you buy new plugs?check pilot # check float level?does bike run good till wot? Or are you getting an oem carb
Bike runs and idles good anything over half throttle bogs I'm getting new plugs this week i haven't checked float level either. I planned on getting a mikuni

Reactions: Slydog
Bike runs and idles good anything over half throttle bogs I'm getting new plugs this week i haven't checked float level either. I planned on getting a mikuni
Take your main jet out and shine a light through it.
I'd try to see any obstructions within it.
By chance, do you know if the previous owner mixed two different types of two-stroke oil? That can cause clotting and issues with the main jet getting partially clogged.

Reactions: Blasterjohny
Take your main jet out and shine a light through it.
I'd try to see any obstructions within it.
By chance, do you know if the previous owner mixed two different types of two-stroke oil? That can cause clotting and issues with the main jet getting partially clogged.
He did mention using different brands of 2 stroke oils said the bike didn't have a fuel filter either.. what's best for gear box oil? Can I run Atf type f?

He did mention using different brands of 2 stroke oils said the bike didn't have a fuel filter either.. what's best for gear box oil? Can I run Atf type f?
There is a filter screen on petcock in side tank.some people run straight atf.just have to change it more often.

Reactions: Blasterjohny
If you have 2 difrent oils mixed with gas now.i would drain tank.pick one oil and stick with it .new oil new gas:rolleyes:

Reactions: DKavcak
I would definitely get rid of the Chinese carb. Better to be able to tune with idle and air screw. Then you know where you are and can adjust as needed. Definitely leak test it. And check needle clip position. But in my opinion the Chinese carbs are trash.

I pulled the china carb off to look at the needle set it was on 3 and main jet is a 135 smh what carburetor should I order I'm not racing, someone mentioned a mikuni vm26mm will that fit the stock intake tube?!?! Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: DKavcak
Start big and plug chop down.last thing you want to do is run lean.does the person you got blaster from have oem carb?