4 ounces to a gallon! am i doing somthing wrong?

thedirtyalien

Mar 4, 2009
ri
is it suposed to smoke this much and its not revving normaly maybe because of jetting but i dont think its suposed to smoke as much! any info!:-/
vid might take a few minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
no you have U.S gallons, we have Metric gallons, there is a bout a litre difference.
thats why this Ratio Rite cup i bought doesnt really work to good lol

thats extremly rich haha, it calls for 24:1 but it seems so boggy i run 32:1

not to step on your toes or anything but im pretty sure thats a lean mixure because you lean out the gas to get that mixture and ive been told running 24:1 or more oil will accually make your quad run hotter because gas helps cool the motor..(someone correct me if im wrong)

would the main jet have anthing to do with it not revving all the way up i just let it completly warm up and its exactly the same

if your jetted too lean when your riding youll like "hit a wall" with your power like all of a sudden it doesnt wanna go anyfaster..
if your jetted rich then it will sputter and have no balls threw the entire rpm range...

and of course it never hurts to do a plug chop.

plug chop? and it does feel like i hit a wall it just losses total power when i ride... does that mean a bigger jet or smaller?

plug chop? and it does feel like i hit a wall it just losses total power when i ride... does that mean a bigger jet or smaller?

when i say hit a wall i mean like say that a blaster goes up to 10,000 rpms and then your riding it it feels like its only going up to 5,000 rpms and then just stops accelling...

i might just send some1 to yahmaha to get me some jets to buy them and some better premix 2 ! i hate waiting for mail

Check your clutch side crank seal. It looks like its burning tranny oil. Mine did this and it caused an erratic idle problem..(reved pretty high all on its own)