2000 Yamaha Banshee Tear Down and Rebuild

At first I thought it was just a string of gasket material and I went to pick it out and sh*t , it's cracked . I'm just glad it was visible . So I'm thinking about 1 new piston or 2 ? It was recently bored and honed and has barely a break in on the motor so maybe I can get away with just a new piston and rings , but well see

Heres some pics of the intake , the shee has no shocks on the front yet so the front is sitting on the frame , hence the angle of the intake .
c0928278.jpg

734121db.jpg

d49883aa.jpg

Looking good, man! I'm liking that 2-into-1 intake. I've never seen one quite like that before... Who makes it? It looks like you could just about bolt a Briggs and Stratton carburetor directly to that flange. Lol. But seriously, I know its not a Trinity or Graydon Proline... ??

actually looks to me like its what trinity used to sell... i cant find it on their site now tho

Attachments

• Yamaha Banshee CV Manifold - 33mm K&N.jpg
    Yamaha Banshee CV Manifold - 33mm K&N.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 418
Holy Hell its been awhile , been doing projects around the house to get it ready to sell. I pressure washed all day yesterday ( 8 hours ) and today I switched gears and jumped on the Shee ( so to speak ) . Heres how its lookin as of today .
228663a0.jpg

Next up is a good power wash , cut and grind un-needed tabs and wire wheel rust spots . Then it will get a light sanding to rough up the factory coating and start with a epoxy based primer . Haven't 100% decided yet what color to do , Still kicking around ideas .

blastard, you have one gorgeous blaster!

Thanks bro , I always wanted to do a full frame resto on the Blaster too , I did a partial . My Blaster was a mess when I first got it , and I was in a hurry to get it up and running for some dune trips. This time I can Take it down to the frame with the shee and do it all .

OK , I've been busy getting the banshee project up to speed . I have stripped it to the frame and have been stripping the factory paint off as well . Frame is almost done , and will be painted pretty soon . The weather has gotten better here so i have primed and painted a few parts . I have decided on a Black and Chrome scheme , kinda murdered out doing the flat black . I'm using krylon fusion paint , and the flat black looks sick ! . I'm going to add a few splashes of red , like the radiator grill , and the brake calipers .
My goal is to get it back to a rolling chassis before september , so that means front shocks ( looking for yfz's ) and a +4 Swingarm . So far heres how some parts have come out .
c6784b5a.jpg

fadd3da1.jpg

ad445fa9.jpg

e2f147c1.jpg

78afdb4d.jpg

0842d023.jpg

well thats it , more to come soon . going top strip the powdercoat off the lower a arms and tie rod ends tomorrow .