2000 Yamaha Banshee Tear Down and Rebuild

read the 2 things under uploader comments.
not bashin just trying to help you make the right choice. by all means do whatever you want

Edit: ur gonna have to click on youtube on the bottom right hand corner to see the comments i didn't realize it would embed it

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ i dont think anyone will change his mind, he probly just doin it to be different. cuz nobody has 2-1 pipe cuz they are bad, so he wants it. and nobody has 660 plastics cuz there gay IMO, so he wants it. and why are you selling those works for some stock 450r shocks. the works will be much better then any other stock shock out there.

^^^ i dont think anyone will change his mind, he probly just doin it to be different. cuz nobody has 2-1 pipe cuz they are bad, so he wants it. and nobody has 660 plastics cuz there gay IMO, so he wants it. and why are you selling those works for some stock 450r shocks. the works will be much better then any other stock shock out there.

personally him getting 660 plastics doesn't bother me he can have it look however he wants it to look but for stuff like suspension and exhaust people are simply telling him their experiences. idk why hes flipping out. i agree works r gonna b way better cause they r made for the bike and also from what i've read 2-1s blow but u know what to each his own let him do what he wants he will b the one regretting it

guys, he can do what-ever he wants, performance and all, as for the shocks he has r shocks on his blaster, so i think he likes them, and has experience with both so i think he is more qualified to make that decision than anyone. Amyways, suggestions i think would be appreciated by him, but i think he has a good idea of what he wants and i think he is gunna do it, so if u dont agree with what he is doing, just dont post, i think that it is gunna be a sick build, keep the pics comming man

^^^^^ i knwo hes gonna do what he wants anyway nobodys trying to stop him but some people are giving a lil advice and he just flips!

its how you give the advice though, like saying the 660 plastics look gay, thats like calling someones hair cut gay, we all do it sometimes, doesnt mean that it is an appreciated opinion

Positive reinforcement is always a good thing I try to always word things differnently and find out someones reason for doing it the way they want and I'll never fault anyone for trying something new or different , that's the reason everyones car or truck or blaster doesn't look the same , variety boys variety it's the spice of life ......

Positive reinforcement is always a good thing I try to always word things differnently and find out someones reason for doing it the way they want and I'll never fault anyone for trying something new or different , that's the reason everyones car or truck or blaster doesn't look the same , variety boys variety it's the spice of life ......

its cool man. and to everyone else just lay off and enjoy the build. its not yours. also i wanna see this one. interested to see a banshee rebuild

I'm excited to see this one myself! Do what you want, man; its your machine and nobody else gets to enjoy it. This build might even give me a couple ideas when my '89 Banshee gets a good overhaul one of these years.

Blastard, if you wanna do something else unique besides just your unique pipe and plastics choices, you might want to look into installing one or two (depending on the intake you decide to run) Lectron carburetors. Few people run them and, while different than most to tune, they perform well. You can get them in 32mm to over 50mm bore sizes. Talk to a couple street bike guys, and chances are the name Lectron will eventually pop up.

Apparently, this carb has been around for years but has never taken off with rec powersports equipment. They have no jets and you must change needles to do the tuning. Definately different...

Finally have a Banshee Update , I won the 2-1 exhaust off ebay today $ 86.00 shipped!!!! and I traded some shocks to another member for a 38mm Keihin for the Intake . Parts should be here in a few days and I'll post up pics . I still need a 2-1 Intake manifold so I'll start hunting for that . Ebay has several , but it will have to wait till after the fatman comes down the chimney , maybe he can bring my 660 plastics ? that would be badass.....

i know how you can score a cheap intake. but you need to be able to use a drill and saw.
but might need to buy a new boot but i used the one on it with some mods.

have you seen the pictures of mine? you can make it look better, i just did a quick job cutting it.
i will see if i can find you one.

ok cool , what size carb you running? I think I'll have to get a bigger boot , I'm using a 38mm , I dunno If I can trim the boot on the inside enough to make it fit , I could use a pipe spreader , but it may split the boot and just end up with a airleak