05 trx450r WORCS build

alex90

Oct 15, 2010
Dewey, Arizona
well here is the start of my trx450r build that im preparing for the WORCS series / desert racing

so far its got the stock chassis set up with some minor homemade gusseting in the stress areas, it has a durablue axle black powder coated hubs.

motor mods are a full DFR built motor with 13:1 je hi comp piston ported head with titanium valves and springs, 2002 crf450 cam, curtis sparks fcr carb, fuel air intake, yoshimura TRC full exhaust, and a big gun rev box(soon to be thrown to the trash lol).

its got a few other of minor mods including a race electrical harness, tag t2 bars, AC racing skids, Rath racing pro peg nerfs with netted heel guards, DWT G2 racer pack rims, and some nice shiny billet parts.
28a0x6w.jpg

k9exd0.jpg

zup8hz.jpg

xn6u6q.jpg

mods to come..powder coated frame, new plastics, motor freshened up, dyno tuning, Long travel front a arms and shocks, long travel rear end with lt shock, new axle, pwr hi compacity radiator, +1 stem, bumper, tires, all sorts of other odds n ends.. decided not to go with a big bore to keep it WORCS legal.. parts are rolling in so stay tuned thru the summer I:I

kronik is doin some photoshop magic so u guys will get an idea of the finished product..not sure on my colors yet...going to start tear down this week

so kronik left me a great suprize in my in box this morning

so out of these three schemes guys whuch you all like,,,im excited to get to the powder coater
Black / Neon Yellow
blackyellow.png

Grey / Orange
greyorange.png

Yellow / Blue
yellowblue.png
[/QUOTE]

personally i like them all and also the blue and yellow concept introduced by kronik is pretty sweet..what yall think?

grey n orange seems to hold the majority..kronik liked it too..

or we could bring back the early 90s with neon cym style coloring
multi.png

could be cool

tear down has begun
2rhshat.jpg

111utkm.jpg

cam looks brand new,,, the intake valves need replaced though... no biggie...sure aint simple like a 2 stroke haha

just ordered new stainless (titanium sucks) valves, valve springs, retainters, seats, cotters, and a new fresh CP 14:1 high comp piston with cometic gaskets,,,,not cheap at all :( but my beast will be the meanest on the block

just scored an Elka LT linkage :) for reallll cheap... hella stoked!, more tear down pics coming in the next few days, already scheduled a date with the powder coater