01 Blaster rebuild project

i know what your talking about, thanks guys, but just so were on the same page here were talking about the shift shaft where the actual shifter connects on rite? You dont need to split the though?

Nope...don't have to split the block at all. Just take off the gear side cover.

And yeah...don't lose the ball bearing in the clutch adjuster. I lost mine...and it was a biotch getting the clutch to release right...

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/Blasterb0y794/bmotor1-1.jpg

sorry guys but just wanna get this straight, the peice below the sprocket, you dont need to split the cases?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/Blasterb0y794/bmotor1-1.jpg

Take off the side cover on the OTHER side from that sprocket. The clutch and the "star" gear are in there. You will slide the shifter shaft out from the other side. Once you take off the side, you'll know what I am talking about.

When wolfe gets off work, I'll have him take a pic of his with the side cover off.

Blasterboy, here you go, two pics of the right side of the motor were the shift shaft comes out. You will have to take the foot peg off too, (i didn't want to take mine off to take the pics. Just pull the clutch cover, then the clutch, then the shaft. You can see the peg that the spring ends need to stradle, and the star gear that it grabs to shift. Pretty straightforward when you get into it.

Good luck

IMAGE_00237.jpg

IMAGE_00238.jpg

god damnit just that one side off looks complicated and makes me nervouse splitting my case for the first time. this isnt going to go well.

Well, I thought I was going to be pretty much done, but took it out to tune it today with my rear fenders and no toil air filter on it, was going to play around for about 15 min to be able to read the fresh plug, and after about 5-10 min, it died. Tore it apart, and the front right edge of my piston started to melt, and F***ed my piston, rings and jug. So now time for a bore and a piston, or a top end from someone.

that blows!. atleast its not like you gota replace a piston and crank like im in the process of doing. not cool. but i should be done wed this week. then i can rip.

i love that orange colour eh. overall looks sexy

damn that blows. sounds to me like the prime time to get yourself a 240 big bore kit on order :)

nike looking quad, whats your going price for a swingarm extension?