2003 blaster 200 Shifter Wont Spring Back

DezWalnuts

Apr 12, 2023
I bought a 2003 blaster 200 for 500 bucks because it has no spark even though the guy tried replacing the cdi, coil, and everything that can be replaced from the outside. I think it’s either the stator or faulty parts because they were cheap. That isn’t my main concern though, the shifter won’t spring back and feels like there is resistance. Gears are there and I can go from 1st and neutral gear but the shifter won’t spring back like any other shifter. I think it’s the spring on the shifter arm. I will take off the clutch cover and basket but I have some concerns on how to install a new spring if it’s broken or slipped if the retaining pins. I can’t find a video showing how to do it and I don’t want to cause further damage. Any feedback will help, thanks.

You should be able to find a vid on that somewhere..if not..kor has a full engine build tutorial you can watch.

I bought a 2003 blaster 200 for 500 bucks because it has no spark even though the guy tried replacing the cdi, coil, and everything that can be replaced from the outside. I think it’s either the stator or faulty parts because they were cheap. That isn’t my main concern though, the shifter won’t spring back and feels like there is resistance. Gears are there and I can go from 1st and neutral gear but the shifter won’t spring back like any other shifter. I think it’s the spring on the shifter arm. I will take off the clutch cover and basket but I have some concerns on how to install a new spring if it’s broken or slipped if the retaining pins. I can’t find a video showing how to do it and I don’t want to cause further damage. Any feedback will help, thanks.
Unless you’re using only a hammer to take it apart it’s pretty hard to do damage. Get a Clymers repair manual . It’ll walk you through everything. ScrewTube videos will help also. You’ll think I’m crazy, but do a leak down test before you tear it down. Crank seals go bad with age.