01 Blaster rebuild project

Here are some pics of my rebuild project, Shocks and rear tires are temporary until I get some others. Rear spring, waiting to decide on color (spreader clamp is temporary spring =). Waiting on motor shifter shaft and gasket to put that back in. Paint is Dupont Automotive base/clear from our mixing booth at the Street Rod shop. Color is Brazen Orange Effect. Plastics are not yet painted, I want to get the chassis done and set the plastics on and see If I want to do any modifying before painting.

Chassis was hit real hard in the front, pushed it back and actually made the center of the chassis spread up and downwards. I got another chassis for $20 and used the top of it and the bottom rails from mine after straightening them in the press, and welded them up.

I also extended the swingarm +4 leaving the spring mounting were it is stock.

I made my own aluminum bumper and grab bar, they need brackets to bolt them on yet, finished welding, and some grinding, cleanup and polishing, but you get the idea.

This also shows my quick homemade bead breaker, and my method of helping hold the rim down.

My hydro brake modification as well is in there too.

100_2596.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2601.jpg

100_2602.jpg

100_2607.jpg

100_2608.jpg

100_2609.jpg

100_2611.jpg

100_2612.jpg

100_2614.jpg

swing arm looks a lil crooked in the pics

I'll attest for the presicion and strength of his swingarm. I'm willing to bet the welds are bullet proof and you could use the thing as a straight edge. He'll be making mine soon, as soon as his is back in one piece. The pictures don't do this thing justice. I'll have to take my 6MP camera over and get some good pics.

Mine, on the other hand....is white w/ pink shocks at the moment. So no pictures of it ;)

I got pics of Fowlrock!! See if you can guess which is his? (hint, pink shocks) I also got some updates on my build, motors in (except for shift shaft and clutch), seats redone (thanks to Fowlrocks wife), front bumper is done, polished and mounted, rear grab bar is done with tailight and flag hole, to be polished tomorrow, rear spring is in. Plastics aren't going to be blue, I put on the rear fenders while making the grab bar and light mount.

Sorry for the pic quality, Ive taken most the pics with my phone. When it is done, I will get pics with a real camera.

FowlerWheelie.jpg

IMAGE_00189.jpg

IMAGE_00190.jpg

IMAGE_00191.jpg

IMAGE_00234.jpg

IMAGE_00235.jpg

IMAGE_00236.jpg

looks pretty sweet!, i have to ask you something though, you didn't put the shift shaft in, the whole unit?, because i have to do that to mine and i dont know how hard it will be

looks pretty sweet!, i have to ask you something though, you didn't put the shift shaft in, the whole unit?, because i have to do that to mine and i dont know how hard it will be

Shifter shaft is easy! I'm just learning in terms of mechanics, but I could do it in my sleep. Take of the clutch, clutch basket, lever side of the shifter, then slide the shaft out. Click the shift "star" (you'll know what I am talking about once you take the clutch basket off) into first, put the new shifter shaft in, put the shift lever back on. Make sure the shaft spring catches well, and if so put the clutch basket and clutch back in. Just be careful with the gasket when putting the gear plate back on.

And to 01BlasterDude's pictures....there is nothing funnier than a 300lb man popping a wheelie on a blaster...

Thanks for the kind words.

....there is nothing funnier than a 300lb man popping a wheelie on a blaster...

LOL,:-D

The shifter shaft isn't hard at all, Fowlrock covered it pretty well, if you have ever been into the clutch, it takes one bolt (on the shifter arm) and 10 secs more to replace it. Just pull it out (after having the clutch out) and push in the new one far enough for the torsion spring to sit on both sides of the mount. Easy as it gets.

If you haven't been into the clutch, its still not hard, just take note how every thing comes apart, and put it back the same way. Note: If you dont know, when taking out the clutch and rod, be sure the little ball bearing dont roll out of the shaft and get lost. It should stay, unless you tip the bike up, or are parked on a slope, but just beware.

I have to replace mine because someone I know who has pink shocks, had a bad one, and my blaster was apart for painting, so I let him have mine, and we ordered a new one, hopefully it comes today.

i know what your talking about, thanks guys, but just so were on the same page here were talking about the shift shaft where the actual shifter connects on rite? You dont need to split the though?