01 Blaster rebuild project

Well today I worked on my oil pump area, aluminum side cover plate a little. Its in rough cut out form with the holes drilled, I have to fine tune it and smooth up the edges and the front and polish it....also if I want to engrave anything in it, dunno yet, might, might not.

IMAGE_016.jpg

IMAGE_017.jpg

i just noticed you had the crank case VENT hose running down under the quad. its a vent so it should run up for air. not sure how much of a difference it would make though. gets air either way, but when its down u get sand and sh*t in it, and if ur going through deep water, then it might suck it up into it.

I thought it was an overflow as if its too full, it will flow out of that tube. Thats what I read from other posts. ???? Im not planning on going through deep water anytime, but if it needs to be up, I will move it. 89 you dont even have a hose on yours do you, thats what I read before? Ill have to find out for sure, since I have now heard both ways. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Mine also runs down the side. I know it's not the same motor but that's the way it came from the factory. You can spot it running beside the flywheel cover and down by the motor mount.

Last edited:
it didnt have a hose on when i got it lol. and i did notice some sand in the bottom of the crank case when i got it open so it was bad. i have one on it now, running up under my seat.

good sh*t. i just love to whip around and just how its so loose and you can just whip the back around so much. i havent goten to ride at some real dunes that you can like jump off n sh*t, but ive ridden a couple times in a huge sand pit with some jumps n sh*t.

p.s. i final decided id sacrafice some low end power to get some more top end, its pissing me off. this thing should go faster. i can only do like 80 but thats a short road. (kms by the way)

why delete, its so sexy. almost to sexy to look at making me acualy want to drop 1000 bucks into my old ass blaster to do that, which it will still not end up looking so amazing.

ps, not doing it. :( way to much.

Where ever you run the vent hose make sure to position the end down.
Under the seat is a good idea but if the end is up then errant dust, dirt, and sand will be gravity feed into it.

why delete, its so sexy. almost to sexy to look at making me acualy want to drop 1000 bucks into my old ass blaster to do that, which it will still not end up looking so amazing.

ps, not doing it. :( way to much.

lol thanks bro!
If it wasn't his sig thread I'd leave it but this thread is his.

I wouldn't know bout that one. I've never flipped or rolled mine yet.
I did get too ballsy and pulled a wheelie where it got stuff at like 90 degrees on the grab bar and nothing came out.
Lil embarrassing when you got to get off and push your front end back down with people watching.....