01 Blaster rebuild project

Ok, Ive got her pretty much done, and Im back from my camping trip, sorry I didn't get them posted before I left.

100_2616.jpg

100_2620.jpg

100_2625.jpg

100_2626.jpg

100_2627.jpg

100_2628.jpg

100_2629.jpg

100_2630.jpg

100_2631.jpg

100_2633.jpg

looking real good man. nice paint work. thats the same color as the car i recently bought for my wife. Mazda6

looks sick but those yellow shocks are just kinda off. should paint them that orange

I thought about it, but I wanted some more contrast, and thought it might be dull with the shocks the same as well. Also thought about flamed shock covers, the ones that look like real flames, but it be $50 easy. I couldn't decide what to do, so I blasted them and painted them yellow.

Thanks BlasterBoy and OldFord.

honestly, its one of the nicest if not the nicest blaster i've seen.. but I hate the tires! i would go razrs all the way around =D

Swingarm Custom Extending

For you guys that were wanting me to extend your swingarm, I can do any length, keeping the shock mount in the same location.

If you degrease and powerwash the swingarm before sending it to me, include your swingarm bolt, and are willing to grind (if you want the welds ground, factory didn't grind theirs) and paint it yourself, I can do it for $150 plus you pay shipping both ways. I would love to do it cheaper, but the time it takes to make sure it is square and everything inline as it should be, materials and etc, thats the cheapest I could do it for, I should probably charge more, but I wont. I also need to come up with another stock axle carrier, so I dont have to take apart my blaster everytime I need to make a swingarm.

If I show alot of interest, it wouldn't be much more work if I was to make them completely from scratch, but I have to have enough interested to justify setting up to cut the carrier holding plates, shock mounts, and the front tubes turned to proper ID for the bearings, and get bearings if I was to do that. That would cut out shipping one way, and it would look nicer with solid side tubes, but price would probably be approx $250, getting hard to compete with the swingarm shop.

You guys asked, heres your answer, I dont know if its what you were wanting to hear or not, but there you go. :)

Brian

thats not bad man B-).. ill half to think about it cause i need to buy some other parts, and get my motor to stop popping head gaskets haha ..

After shipping thats not any different from the swingarm shop on Ebay....minus you wouldnt have to grind the welds.....and they powdercoat them....just my 2 cents

Im sorry man, I can't feed my family by doing it for free. In all reality, I should charge more, but I am aware of the swingarm shops price, so I lowered it a tad. As you might have noticed in my post, I said it was hard to compete with them, as they are mass producing these things, which If I was doing, I could match the price, but it would have to be a pretty large batch. It wont hurt my feelings any if you are nobody else wants me to do it, because I have plenty of work to do, and I would be building the swingarms for a cut profit to keep the price down for you guys. Sorry, infos there if you need it, otherwise feel free to ignore it.

I would love to do it cheaper, but the time it takes to make sure it is square and everything inline as it should be, materials and etc, thats the cheapest I could do it for, I should probably charge more, but I wont.

getting hard to compete with the swingarm shop.

You guys asked, heres your answer, I dont know if its what you were wanting to hear or not, but there you go.

im still interested. since the price is about the same i would be more inclined to support a forum member over a shop. But as i said before, im not gonna be able to do anything until i get home in November. It could be as late as January if this Iran thing heats up more. They are making threats against US warships int he gulf..... and that means me since im on a US warship in the gulf. who knows when il get home, but im still definately interested.

Thanks, cracker!!
i know this is totally random but when i was reading this my dad walked by and said we need crackers to my mom.. lol

on another note.. i'd probably be interested in a swing arm.. because what valhalla said, i'd rather support a forum member than an ebay shop.