your definition of redneck

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
well just thought this would be an intresting topic if it turn into a flame thread i will delete it right away.

ok well i am said to be a redneck and well i am proud to be one.

the name redneck orginally came from when farmers where sunburned from working in fields along with workers thats what some say there are many ways that the name redneck came to the world.

well i'm considered to be a redneck and i don't take it as an insult there is a difference between redneck and white trash.

my definition of redneck is small town, usually on farms sometimes, like to speak their own mind,have a 4x4 truck (some people have them because its required for work) dresses as they can, are down to earth, like to make trucks tall and beat on them, and are respectful about some things but not always. sure rednecks are racist but not all of them

ohh some people say rednecks aren't educated. yeah right i know some buddies that are rednecks and they are very intelligent and can tell whats wrong with and engine just by looking at it. and have fairly good math skills and some other subjects

feel free to add anything

Google has defined a "redneck" as a poor White person in the southern United States. *ERRR!* wrong. They are everywhere!!!

My definition: someone that drives a vehicle with no brakes. lol

SORRY GOTA! take OFFENSE to that one, here all of them POS!! MF'n HIPPIE bastards are "down to earth" so if you say that to me I'll probably flip you off and tell you to get a f*cking life!
f*ck'n hippies!!!!

Every thing else sounds about right.

i personally ain't down to earth or anything but was just saying some rednecks are like that

to me redneck is more of the masculaine independant spirit ,not these girly men of today who cant do anything for themsleves .if i need to cut wood milk a cow or shoot a deer catch fish or construct buildings im fully capable .rednecks get things done

I had always heard the name came from the coal miners strike of 1902 when the miners marched they wore red bandanas around their necks to show who were miners because the operators refused to recognize the United Mine Workers Union

to me redneck is more of the masculaine independant spirit ,not these girly men of today who cant do anything for themsleves .if i need to cut wood milk a cow or shoot a deer catch fish or construct buildings im fully capable .rednecks get things done

we make our own whiskey and our own smoke too, ain't too many things these ol' boys can't do

another definition is working class person from the rural south... im notta redneck.. im more of a rocker/ greaser/ atv rider... i hate 4x4 quads. i love my 4cx4 truck... and i love me some women that love to get drty and aint afraid to work on a car or quad

wow looks like everyones version of a redneck is different then mine.
my version is like the people of skidway (the town i live next to) there are a ton of my version of a "redneck" a bunch of people who are very capable of working but choose not to and to have more and more kids so they can draw SSI and food stamps and anyother acistance plan this state has.
and they have no intentions of bettering thier selves....
the only thing that keeps a redneck from being a hillbilly in my eyes is that rednecks dont bang their sisters...
all im ganna say is that everytime ive ever called someone a redneck it wasnt a good thing.

and thats my opinion...

wow looks like everyones version of a redneck is different then mine.
my version is like the people of skidway (the town i live next to) there are a ton of my version of a "redneck" a bunch of people who are very capable of working but choose not to and to have more and more kids so they can draw SSI and food stamps and anyother acistance plan this state has.
and they have no intentions of bettering thier selves....
the only thing that keeps a redneck from being a hillbilly in my eyes is that rednecks dont bang their sisters...
all im ganna say is that everytime ive ever called someone a redneck it wasnt a good thing.

and thats my opinion...

^^^thats just white trash

Rednecks have contributed a great amount to our society with such things as.
1. Potato cannons
2. Monster trucks
3. Lynard Skynard
4. Beer butt Chicken
5. Chrome Naked lady mud flaps
6. Moonshine
7. Dirt drags
8. Nascar
9. Pabst blue ribbon
10. Demo Derby

True these things are not Crucial to life as we know it. But they Sure make it more interesting. In case your still wondering if I'm a redneck or not here's some pics of my truck
11-20-08_1110.jpg
11-20-08_1112.jpg
11-20-08_1111.jpg

We have them up here too. Most that I know of listen to country music exclusively thou. But most are born and raised on the the FARM. Then you have the country boy wannabes. And I don't fit that catagory, don't have much against country as long as I don't have to listen to it for more than 4 hrs.

there people who dont really care what any one thinks, they arnt afriad to get in a fight when nessacery but dont really start anything, they chew, make moon shine and love them some 4 wheel drive and back roads, they work hard, and play even harder, some even got a feild or barn full of old cars, there nice if they know your like them, other wise can come off as ass holes, i consider my self a red neck:-D

wow, the master, blaster porter also milks cows, is there anything this guy cant do lol=))