Bogging down at full throttle

Nov 25, 2017
New Jersey
So I rebuilt the blaster. But let me start with what happened. So a year or so back a buddy took my blaster to a private track and brought it home broken. He paid for the new case that the chain broke(left side) so I had to cut the chain cause it was all messed up into one chain basically. Doing that I made a mess on the carb now thinking I should have just took it off way before I cut it but my dumb ass decided leave it on nothing can get in well maybe some shards got in idk but it was sealed since it was all still attached. So I took it all apart and removed the motor. Fixed the case and took it for a spin see if motor worked. It worked but I didn’t give it all it had. So when it was time to rip it kinda ripped at first didn’t bog yet. When a buddy came to rip it once he got into 3rd it start to bog in 3 wot, so I jumped on same thing but I down shift and I’d get some power then a bog and power and bog and power. So I was like hmm my gf jumped on she wanted to do donuts she got off a few then in 2nd bog come back bog come back die. Kick over and did it again. So I took off from reeds back and saw that the reeds had a gap, enough to make out a face on one side and the other a nice lift, not even sealed like I seen on pictures and have read. Also carb prob needs to be cleaned since it’s been sitting for a year or more, the boots have no rips in them. The reeds are stock and I have a 01 blaster. If I forgot something let me know. Trying to have this ready ASAP. Any help is appreciated. Ride hard & Ride Fast. Be safe out there

I'm guessing reeds, clogged jets or airleak < the latter 2 will fry your shiz :(

flip the reed petals to get a little more life out of them, but replacing would be best
and clean the carb, completely disassemble it and clean all passages and jets with carb cleaner and compressor air
what main jet ? and what mods ? pipe, air filter, lid off ?
did you use new gaskets to reassemble it ?
thin coat of yamabond or permatex high temp copper on the intake gaskets ?
intake torqued to spec ?
heat cycles and retorque head and base nuts ?
has it been leakdown tested ?

Reactions: Slydog
I'm guessing reeds, clogged jets or airleak < the latter 2 will fry your shiz :(

flip the reed petals to get a little more life out of them, but replacing would be best
and clean the carb, completely disassemble it and clean all passages and jets with carb cleaner and compressor air
what main jet ? and what mods ? pipe, air filter, lid off ?
did you use new gaskets to reassemble it ?
thin coat of yamabond or permatex high temp copper on the intake gaskets ?
intake torqued to spec ?
heat cycles and retorque head and base nuts ?
has it been leakdown tested ?

yeah took off the carb going to clean it today. Not sure of main jet pretty sure tho it’s all still stock. I did flip the reeds they still were bad. Didn’t do much. Only mods are tors delete and oil delete. Yes lid off foam filter & cage. All new gaskets, well other the vforce 3 now but I have a new gasket for reed cage if it don’t come with one. Yes thin coat of Yama on the case. Yes high temp cooper intake gasket. Intake is torqued you spec and no I haven’t retightened the nuts after heat cycle but will do. And no leak down test but I can perform possibly Saturday. Anything else you recommend?