YFZ450 Build

looking great Brett! rep given for all the hard work you're doing, it really looks nice and it'll pay off big time! can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks! I:I I slapped some of the plastic on and it looks bitchin'! I think the blue and white pieces here and there will really set it off!

Thanks! I:I I slapped some of the plastic on and it looks bitchin'! I think the blue and white pieces here and there will really set it off!

got any pics of it with the plastics on? i'd love to see how good it looks! yeah the little pieces will really make it. i have always liked color combinations with blue, white, and black! make sure to get pics when you make more progress!

Excellent build you have going. Untill a person takes a quad down to every last bolt, nut, and bracket, cleans (your's needed a lot) polishes , paints , and fixes everything, practically making love to it, you have no idea what a project like this takes. I'm just now finishing up my son's (Larry) Banshee , so I know what you've gone through. Worst thing is I'm already thinking of what I'd change/do different :D . It truly is a labor of love. BTW, I'm not J.R.Gottrocks, but I get by. Just wish my son got more of my mechanical genes :D but it's all good.

Excellent build you have going. Untill a person takes a quad down to every last bolt, nut, and bracket, cleans (your's needed a lot) polishes , paints , and fixes everything, practically making love to it, you have no idea what a project like this takes. I'm just now finishing up my son's (Larry) Banshee , so I know what you've gone through. Worst thing is I'm already thinking of what I'd change/do different :D . It truly is a labor of love. BTW, I'm not J.R.Gottrocks, but I get by. Just wish my son got more of my mechanical genes :D but it's all good.

Thanks! I agree. This project is going to turn out sweet! Surprisingly this quad was pretty clean compared to other bikes I have seen out there. Hell, my raptor 660 when i first bought it was a pile of sh*t. A few thousand dollars later and its shining and running better than ever. I love projects like this though. Transforming something from a pile of sh*t, to a pile of gold is awesome! :D

Heres a few of my before and after pics of the raptor...
101_2618.jpg

101_2622.jpg

101_2621.jpg

c68db4d5.jpg

DSC03696.jpg

573b993d.jpg

Unfortunately I dont have any up to date pics of the raptor. I have to get some soon

brett, i must say, in reality the raptor wasnt to bad a quad when you first got a hold of it, but now compared the " after" pics, it looked like a POS!!!!!!

lol, you did an amazing job with it

brett, i must say, in reality the raptor wasnt to bad a quad when you first got a hold of it, but now compared the " after" pics, it looked like a POS!!!!!!

lol, you did an amazing job with it

It wasnt really too bad, but you guys should know, unless its a brand new quad, its getting rebuilt, regardless! I:I Thanks bro. I FINALLY picked up my raptor head from the dealer so i started assembly on it again :D:D
This yfz is distracting me! However, its keeping me out of the snow which is good and bad 8-|

What in the world do you do to afford all these quads and all the modifications you do to them?

Heres some updates of the yfz! I still need to order the swingarm and rear axle bearings along with a few little other odds and ends...
Enjoy...
DSC04407.jpg

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04412.jpg

DSC04413.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

DSC04417.jpg

DSC04423.jpg

DSC04425.jpg