YFZ450 Build

Blasterb0y794

Feb 4, 2008
New York
Well as you fellas know, I picked me up stock 2006 YFZ450. Only aftermarket part is that is it has a Ricky Stator stator coil. I don't have HUGE plans for it other than restoring it to its original beauty. Every bearing and seal will be replaced along with any other parts that needs to be replaced.
Everything will be powdercoated on this baby I:I
For starters, a set of A/M levers will be put on, tires, graphics kit, nerf bars, and an exhaust.
For colors...
Frame-2 stage pearl silver
Motor (Oil lines, water pump cover, ect)- Electric pearl blue
Clutch and stator-2 stage pearl silver
Im not one to plan things out ahead of time as I like just going with the flow and going with whatever comes into my little head 8-|
Enough talking, PICS PICS PICS

The yfz power will be plenty. I dont like doing big motor work like that. After the simple stuff is done, it will be time for a lonestar, or durable axle with a long travel suspension complete with a-arms and shocks.

it may be huge but so easy to change clutches on it lol. looks like u got your work cut out for you good luck man

first 3 came up blank on that one

Yeah i know. I deleted the 2 picture posts and ill repost them. Im going to see if i can fix some bugs out...

it may be huge but so easy to change clutches on it lol. looks like u got your work cut out for you good luck man
I thought my raptor 660 clutch was big but holy hell this this is ginormous!

i have jb weld where ita cracked by your clutch arm! im guessing the chain came off lol
My side case is trash. Literally. I have an extra bottom end in my garage so im just going to switch it over.

how much you looking to spend on arms and shocks? i happen to have a set of long travel walsh G-33 flow arms and long travel fox floats!! still debating on whether im gonna rebuild mine or not

2004b4y.jpg

Just an update....
Most of the parts have been blasted minus the frame, sub frame and few little pieces.
The frame will take me about 3 hours to blast maybe 2 with new sand and if the blasters running in tip top shape. If all works well, i should have the frame done by this week.

I'm just giving you some advice that that may save you some pennies. Long travel A-arms really add for the "wide quad" look. I would recommend getting some JD Performance A-arms because the guy who actually welds and fabs up all of the parts was the welder Laeger's used before they went bankrupt. Short Travel cost you about $250 less than long travels plus if you send your shocks to GT Thunder for them to re-valve them, You could have a set of almost as good as Elka's. Plus, if your on the trails, you probably wouldnt want but +2's. Nice buy though dude. Did it have a blown top end or something? I've got a 400ex that i just rebuilt and was suprisingly easy because I had a service manual, I would recommend getting one of those as well! ride on dude!