YFZ450 Build

I'm just giving you some advice that that may save you some pennies. Long travel A-arms really add for the "wide quad" look. I would recommend getting some JD Performance A-arms because the guy who actually welds and fabs up all of the parts was the welder Laeger's used before they went bankrupt. Short Travel cost you about $250 less than long travels plus if you send your shocks to GT Thunder for them to re-valve them, You could have a set of almost as good as Elka's. Plus, if your on the trails, you probably wouldnt want but +2's. Nice buy though dude. Did it have a blown top end or something? I've got a 400ex that i just rebuilt and was suprisingly easy because I had a service manual, I would recommend getting one of those as well! ride on dude!

I dont plan on doing any major suspension work anytime soon. The thing was the guy started to tear it apart because he wanted to rebuild it, but lost interest, but he threw a chain through the case but i got a complete bottom end with the buy so I'm good to go. This wont be my first overhall. This will be my 4th major rebuild so nothing new here. Thanks though.

Pics will be coming shortly fellas.

Your right ): I am!
Lol, ill fix the pictures shortly tonight. As far as progress. Basically everthing is blasted minus the frame and the fender bracket. For colors Im doing silver frame with black, white and blue accent pieces. It should look sick! I also got my first package of parts today! Thanks rockymountain!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Here you go ya cry babys :p
Not too many pictures before the tear-down which kind of sucks but o well. Enjoy...

Edit... Okay. Why is it everytime i upload pics via PHOTOBUCKET the first photo is ALWAYS not there? I looked at the URL and the percentage sign is messing up the pic url!

Your right ): I am!
Lol, ill fix the pictures shortly tonight. As far as progress. Basically everthing is blasted minus the frame and the fender bracket. For colors Im doing silver frame with black, white and blue accent pieces. It should look sick! I also got my first package of parts today! Thanks rockymountain!

Question, why would you put all the work into taking it all apart cleaning and sand blasting just to have it the same color?

Question, why would you put all the work into taking it all apart cleaning and sand blasting just to have it the same color?

Because it will be cleaner I:I
Im the type of person thats likes it my way. Im so picky with my bikes its not even funny. Hell I hate when my brother or his friend's foot is resting on my tire! It just the fact that I know its now in good working condition. Upon dis assembly, my steering stem bearings completely just fell out, the rear axle bearings barely even rolled and just other little stuff. Even though the frame will be the same color, it will be different. Once Im done with it, it will look like a showroom quad again. As the saying goes, i like my stuff built, not bought. Not to mention its good hands on material. I consider rebuilding atvs my hobby. Its something i really enjoy and when all the money and time is done, I can look back and say "yep, I built that" and then of course rip it hard and know it wont blow up or fall apart :D

Ill give this another go. I dont know why the first picture comes up blank... if it does. Enjoy, ill have the frame back this week along with all the other parts! :D So hold your horses till then!

%
DSC04097-1.jpg

DSC04099-1.jpg

DSC04092-1.jpg

DSC04109.jpg

DSC04093.jpg

DSC04100.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

DSC04103.jpg

DSC04105.jpg

There! Happy?! :p
I figured out that the URL kept getting messed up with the percentage sign, so i just put one before every post. It worked! :)

the other way that i have found to fix the pic issue is to preview the post before posting it (in advanced post mode).

Looking good so far, cant wait to see it all cleaned up!

the other way that i have found to fix the pic issue is to preview the post before posting it (in advanced post mode).

Looking good so far, cant wait to see it all cleaned up!

That works too!
Thanks. Nothing has done yet other than dis assembly. I gotta get my ass moving on cleaning up parts that arent getting pc'ed!

Because it will be cleaner I:I
Im the type of person thats likes it my way. Im so picky with my bikes its not even funny. Hell I hate when my brother or his friend's foot is resting on my tire! It just the fact that I know its now in good working condition. Upon dis assembly, my steering stem bearings completely just fell out, the rear axle bearings barely even rolled and just other little stuff. Even though the frame will be the same color, it will be different. Once Im done with it, it will look like a showroom quad again. As the saying goes, i like my stuff built, not bought. Not to mention its good hands on material. I consider rebuilding atvs my hobby. Its something i really enjoy and when all the money and time is done, I can look back and say "yep, I built that" and then of course rip it hard and know it wont blow up or fall apart :D

Thats cool man i didn't mean anything by it i was just curious. I enjoy rebuilding them as well. I'm still working on another blaster but I've lost motivation on it lol

Thats cool man i didn't mean anything by it i was just curious. I enjoy rebuilding them as well. I'm still working on another blaster but I've lost motivation on it lol

No offense taken! I understand I just had to explain!
My thing with blasters is, the next one ill buy will be an 03-06 case closed :D

totally understand why you're doing what you're doing with it. i have a hard time taking anyone's word for condition, and their "good working condition" may be totally different from yours. only way to know for sure is tear into it

totally understand why you're doing what you're doing with it. i have a hard time taking anyone's word for condition, and their "good working condition" may be totally different from yours. only way to know for sure is tear into it

Exactly, how I feel. I feel comfortable knowing that I checked and or replaced everything that needed to be done and not just "rigged" up to work. It also helps knowing that when you go out riding something wont go wrong.

Update:
All the parts that were going to be black are now complete.
Monday Im going in to blast my frame, and hopefully coat it the same day.
Ill post some pics of the black parts shortly.