Will a Blaster make it through a mid august 1000K race?

as far as jetting, you will be leanest at nite and richest during the heat of the day, also as the race goes on the air filter will collect more and more dust richening the bike. start the race with a new clutch basket and plates, it's been my experience that with a built motor endurance racing, the clutch will be the first thing to get tired, it wouldnt be a bad idea at around the 12 hour mark to do a major pit, check everything over, change the tranny oil and throw on a fresh airfilter. you will be doing a lot of nite riding, for lights the best bang for the buck will be a procomp 130 light with a rewound stator and a 55 watt bulb. carry a couple spare bulbs. next step up would be adding a rectifier, battery and an hid setup on the procomp. if you are still serious pm me..I will give you my number.

the only reason why i said to start with something else i because i would think that it would be cheaper...
is the blaster the only quad you did the 1000k race with phragle???
i only said that from a money standpoint i like being origonal as much as the next guy but after seeing what you had to do to your blaster to be competitive is in my opinion crazy but very cool...
like how much does he plan on spending on suspension that seems to be the most important part..

ITS ALL RELATIVE.... to truely be competitive, your going to have to do the a-arms shocks motor etc. on any bike. the blaster is lighter than any other race quad, has less things to go wrong.. the 4 strokes have opened a whole new can of worms since the days I was racing. If I was still desert racing today, it would be on a Sundahl chassis with a built xr650 motor. 110 mph and 17" of travel.

Attachments

• bikepics-1128549-800.jpg
    bikepics-1128549-800.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 182
  • bikepics-1128733-800.jpg
    bikepics-1128733-800.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 178