Will a Blaster make it through a mid august 1000K race?

LivinTheDream

Apr 28, 2009
I want to know if you think a Blaster 200CC will make it through a mid august race as it is an air cooled machine. I plan on entering the Best In the Desert Reno to Vegus 1000Miles. Have other racers finished using used this bike before?

If this machine is not up to the challenge what is the most economical make and model that you think will be able to handle the race in near stock form. Also consider the racers, us, are 180 pounds.

We just lost one of our team members and still want to enter the race but the budget is tighter. The answers to our questions will help us make the decision to send our deposit in for the early entry to the race.

Call mike at 1-973-903-1641

Or Email me at rgrosinger@wnyschools.net

Thanks

phragle did it for 910 miles i believe, and the engine was lightly modified with porting, myself, i would trust my blaster as it sits to drive 1000 miles no problem i built it and trust it. from what i remember right phragle said his blaster only lost 10lbs of compression the whole race

Yo... 98Blaster+4

My family has a house in Bridgewater! I wish I could go get a beer at the Long Trail Brewery. I live and work in NJ

I would probably trust my blaster to do it right now but I'd want to make suspension mods before I raced. An oil cooler would probably be a good idea though.

livin the dream ....ill go have that beer for ya if you want
who is your family? next time you come up we should ride together i have permission to ride killington

very mild cleanup porting, pipe, 34 pj (250r carb) no airbox lid,geared for 60 with 22's, run 50/50 race gas and pump with amsoil @40:1, jet it right and no worries with the motor. you do need to do prep for a race like that, fresh top end, new main bearings and seals, new shotpeened /cryoed 6th gear, new clutch and basket. sent you a pm about the suspension.

damn man you know your sh*t how long you been messin with blaster or quads in general sounds like it runs in your family

cryo is nothing new people use it to strenghten internals when forged parts are unavailable....
phragle had to do ALOT to make his blaster competitive i would personally start with a different quad...