When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC00301-2.jpg

DSC00299-2.jpg

DSC00298-3.jpg

DSC00300-1.jpg

don't know enuf about the rest of the "tricks", so cant be blinded by them,
just know kennydoll is famous for his above 200 duration only lasting a run or 2

this whole thread is full of goo shooters and sticky keyboards over this build,
a lil questioning things never hurts !!!! helps you think, and re-think.

this whole thread is full of goo shooters and sticky keyboards over this build.

Is that why you're here? Are you a goo-shooter?

I agree. I have been bouncing ideas back and forth the whole thread if you'd care to read back. I really believe the LAST thing on this build I need to worry about is exhaust port timing.... I'm talking nitro methane, the same stuff that regularly blows top fuel drag engines all to pieces.

I have thought recently about buying a sheet of aluminum tread plate and putting it in there between the engine and seat/gas tank cover. I think safety may need to trump weight on that particular subject.

get back out there and get it done! this things gotta be at busco! are you going with 10mm head studs? sorry if you already covered this..i wasnt going back through everything.

get back out there and get it done! this things gotta be at busco! are you going with 10mm head studs? sorry if you already covered this..i wasnt going back through everything.

ugh, I don't wanna! I want to soak in a pool for HOURS tomorrow. I'm still on schedule...

I was going to but there's not a whole lot of meat in the head or cylinder for 10mm studs. I think I'm going to go with hardened 8mm studs and double nut them. If they blow, they blow!

Is that why you're here? Are you a goo-shooter?

I agree. I have been bouncing ideas back and forth the whole thread if you'd care to read back. I really believe the LAST thing on this build I need to worry about is exhaust port timing.... I'm talking nitro methane, the same stuff that regularly blows top fuel drag engines all to pieces.

I have thought recently about buying a sheet of aluminum tread plate and putting it in there between the engine and seat/gas tank cover. I think safety may need to trump weight on that particular subject.

question answered, you don't care about too much duration, thats cool !!!
i've followed this every day, very nice work, i think i mentioned that a page or 2 back, without soiling my keyboard
and that tread plate may be a brilliant idea, if you ever plan on soiling another keyboard yourself

ugh, I don't wanna! I want to soak in a pool for HOURS tomorrow. I'm still on schedule...

I was going to but there's not a whole lot of meat in the head or cylinder for 10mm studs. I think I'm going to go with hardened 8mm studs and double nut them. If they blow, they blow!

hopefully they will be ok.. i think if you do that and have perfectly flat sealing surfaces with a well anealed gasket it will hold fine.

hell with that pool...lol..you got a dragger to build!

Do you have 8mm in yours?

I'm thinking without a LOT of machine/weld work I wouldn't be able to fit 10mm studs in there.

yes i have 8mm studs with one nut. perfect surfaces and a well anealed gasket every time. torqued over spec...i do like a 1/4 turn each nut in the star pattern when tightening. never had a head gasket leak.

My wife cuts my hair and you can't force her to testify against me... so :p

Alright alright, simmer down simmer down.

Just for awk: that score line is 200 degrees of exhaust port duration. Happy now?

My wife cuts my hair and you can't force her to testify against me... so :p

Alright alright, simmer down simmer down.

Just for awk: that score line is 200 degrees of exhaust port duration. Happy now?

i dont need to be happy about any of this, you do
just ask the wrong question i guess ????
good luck

i dont need to be happy about any of this, you do
just ask the wrong question i guess ????
good luck

You didn't ask the wrong question my man. You asked a question which seems ever so trivial compared to all of the other stuff that is going on in this thread and then had the gall to compare an engine I am building by hand to that of Kennedy Powersports (which according to you couldn't port an ocean going vessel's resting spot much less a blaster cylinder).

See how it got a little testy there?

Now that we have the tiniest of little details laid out there bare, can we get back to "goo shooting" again? I was quite enjoying that part (as opposed to the being slapped in the face part).....

i, in no way compared you to that azzhole, i just stated it's a known "to me" fact he had troubles with engines over 200 E.D.

don't know enuf about the rest of the "tricks", so cant be blinded by them,
just know kennydoll is famous for his above 200 duration only lasting a run or 2

this whole thread is full of goo shooters and sticky keyboards over this build,

wtf dude..goo shooters? is that the name of anyone now who compliments another builder on there own port work...dont be the pot calling the kettle black bro

Status
Not open for further replies.