When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what size is the id on the flange? ive been considering one of these pipes.....

I can measure tonight. This is reportedly the "small bore" RDZ raw finish pipe without the factory flange (I believe I very closely replicated it though) so take my measurement for what it's worth.

I had thought originally about simply buying one (retail price, that is) but decided to make my own pipe. I'm kind of glad I did, I learned A LOT about pipe building in general but also about how the pipe parameters affect the engine output in the process.

On a side note, the RDZ is sort of the "bargain" pipe and I kinda see why. It's not bad but the seams up each side are welded external which leaves a pretty rough line up the side (despite being stamped) and the stingers are known to simply break off at random intervals (even during races :eek:). Also, the mounting bracket and welding on that bracket are pretty crude. Not bad at all for the money ($265 new?) but also not the finest I've ever seen either.

I remember my first custom made pipe. Prettiest thing I've ever seen...... LOL Arc welded some 18g steel with a 220 welder and some 1/8 inch rod.... LOL. Made me an inframe pipe for my 175. Ugly on the outside, works like a charm on the inside :)

Status
Not open for further replies.