went to go look at a raptor 350 today.

GET THE 250R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you dont do the trade you must be celebrating 420 a few days late. if you dont like it you will be able to trade for a much better quad than a raptor 350. but how could you not like the BEST QUAD EVER MADE

my yfz started backfiring when the compression went bad

Well with this raptor you HAVE to put the choke on to start it and when it's started it idles perfectly then you hit the gas a little bit and it revs up but when you try and rev it up high it breaks up and back fires

GET THE 250R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you dont do the trade you must be celebrating 420 a few days late. if you dont like it you will be able to trade for a much better quad than a raptor 350. but how could you not like the BEST QUAD EVER MADE

Well I've always wanted a trx 250r but that one looks a little rough. Ad it doesn't have a headlight which sucks cause I do slot of night riding.

the back firing is a sign of a bad clutch or parking brake sensor. the fix is to bypass them both. not hard at all.

2ylnq55.jpg

That 250r would be a awesome trade...........I:I

he didnt rejet it. he bought the quad for his gf but she didnt ride it so it sat at his dads for like a year he said and wasnt ever ran. he was basically a ass clown and 7/8ths if you ask me. dam near was black. dressed like it and acted like it big time. i guess he works for a gas company so hes always away which explains him not cleaning the carb.

I thought you just said he did rejet it for the pipe he put on? :-/ If he's a wigger, you should just pull out a gun and shoot him between the eyes. I couldn't care less if he works 23 hour work shifts. It takes less than an hour to COMPLETELY clean a carb, so there are no excuses, for somebody that "knows their sh*t".
jerkit.gif

Well I'm torn. Personally, I'd say you are retarded not to trade for the 250R if you are able to do it, but on the same hand, I really doubt you are able to take care of a modded 250R and just cringe at the thought of it.

Wow dude, you are going the wrong way.
I sold off my 2003 660 Raptor and moved UP to a 99 Blaster as far as I am concerned.
70 Lbs less weight (think of hauling a washing machine around with you) and a heck of a lot of less complication.

Backfiring is often a sign of burnt intake valves, which is why it is often accompanied by a lack of compression.

I've rode 2+4 strokes for many years. Pretty much committed to 2 stroke for off road.
Reliability is better than ever these days, as is fuel mileage, and you cannot argue weight and power.
The new 450 4 strokes totally lack reliability and cost $2000-$3000 to rebuild WHEN something goes wrong.
Doubt me? Look at how much the engines go for on Ebay. Everyone needs one!

Your 200 Blaster will trounce a 350 Raptor, and much more nimble to boot. Easier and cheaper to maintain too.

Now about that TRX250R...

the trx250r was designed as a woods bike...stock form it is the perfect trail bike..till the 450s hit the scene it was the premiere GNCC race quad which is nothing more than glorified trail riding against a clock..parts are easily found and affordable

I spent a lot of time on a 87 250r and it was fast and fun but not at home no the trails... I liked ridding a 300ex better on the tight trails but it was slooooow on the fast trails... I have never ridden a 400ex but if its a lot faster then the 300ex and handles as good or better then the 300ex then the 400ex may be a better trail bike...

I spent a lot of time on a 87 250r and it was fast and fun but not at home no the trails... I liked ridding a 300ex better on the tight trails but it was slooooow on the fast trails... I have never ridden a 400ex but if its a lot faster then the 300ex and handles as good or better then the 300ex then the 400ex may be a better trail bike...

Stock for stock, I'd say the 400ex is the better trail quad over the 250R, but the 250R with larger tires and a few mods is actually a really good trail quad......the best 2 stroke trail quad ever made IMO. The 400 does ride a WHOLE lot better than the 300ex in trails, and I think the 300ex is a nice trail quad.

Wow dude, you are going the wrong way.
I sold off my 2003 660 Raptor and moved UP to a 99 Blaster as far as I am concerned.
70 Lbs less weight (think of hauling a washing machine around with you) and a heck of a lot of less complication.

Backfiring is often a sign of burnt intake valves, which is why it is often accompanied by a lack of compression.

I've rode 2+4 strokes for many years. Pretty much committed to 2 stroke for off road.
Reliability is better than ever these days, as is fuel mileage, and you cannot argue weight and power.
The new 450 4 strokes totally lack reliability and cost $2000-$3000 to rebuild WHEN something goes wrong.
Doubt me? Look at how much the engines go for on Ebay. Everyone needs one!

Your 200 Blaster will trounce a 350 Raptor, and much more nimble to boot. Easier and cheaper to maintain too.

Now about that TRX250R...

If it costs you 2-3 grand to rebuild a 4 stroke, let me do the rebuilds for you at half the price.........at least then I know that even though I'm screwing you over on price, I'm only screwing you over half as bad as the other guy.

Honestly I don't want the trx cause it looks like he'll. It's got 400ex plastics on it so the kickstart won't even fold in all the way like it's suppose to. It just looks rough and I'm not gonna trade my blaster for a rough 250r even though it is a 250r. I just don't like my blaster on trails. You just have to keep it reved up all the time and it's a pain to ride in woods with. With the Rooney pipe I have it basically has only topend power and I want the low end of a 4 stroke

i thought toomey was a low end pipe. my buddies pulls like hell on bottom with a toomey.

If it costs you 2-3 grand to rebuild a 4 stroke, let me do the rebuilds for you at half the price.........at least then I know that even though I'm screwing you over on price, I'm only screwing you over half as bad as the other guy.

Yeah, just let a rod bearing go on a modern 450 and see what it costs.
Rebuild crank, new or replated cylinder (I have to go new), piston kit, valves (bent by piston), retainers, keepers, valve springs,
cam, cam followers, chain, sprockets (do it right, right?), gaskets ($150!), and of course oil, glycol and a plug. Plus shipping.
You can get these parts for less than $1000?

I'll hold you to your offer.
I need all these parts for a 2003(preproduction'04) Husaberg 450.
Wish it were just a crank, piston and jug for my 2-stroke.

I am so glad for your offer, glad to have folks like you willing to help.

Where do I send the Paypal to and when can I expect my parts?
... or are you including labour in that offer too?

Steve

Honestly I don't want the trx cause it looks like he'll. It's got 400ex plastics on it so the kickstart won't even fold in all the way like it's suppose to. It just looks rough and I'm not gonna trade my blaster for a rough 250r even though it is a 250r. I just don't like my blaster on trails. You just have to keep it reved up all the time and it's a pain to ride in woods with. With the Rooney pipe I have it basically has only topend power and I want the low end of a 4 stroke

400ex plastics on a 250R is a common mod. Who cares what it looks like......if it runs fine and/or can be made running fine, then it's a steal and a half.

If you want a 4 stroke, stop deliberating about it, and go get one.