went to go look at a raptor 350 today.

Yeah, just let a rod bearing go on a modern 450 and see what it costs.
Rebuild crank, new or replated cylinder (I have to go new), piston kit, valves (bent by piston), retainers, keepers, valve springs,
cam, cam followers, chain, sprockets (do it right, right?), gaskets ($150!), and of course oil, glycol and a plug. Plus shipping.
You can get these parts for less than $1000?

I'll hold you to your offer.
I need all these parts for a 2003(preproduction'04) Husaberg 450.
Wish it were just a crank, piston and jug for my 2-stroke.

I am so glad for your offer, glad to have folks like you willing to help.

Where do I send the Paypal to and when can I expect my parts?
... or are you including labour in that offer too?

Steve

That's including labor. And once again, a "rebuild" doesn't cost nearly that much. Like I said previously, if you GRENADED the engine, that's another story and it's costly whether it is 2, 4, 6, 8 stroke. Half the stuff you are getting done probably isn't even necessary to begin with.

I thought you just said he did rejet it for the pipe he put on? :-/ If he's a wigger, you should just pull out a gun and shoot him between the eyes. I couldn't care less if he works 23 hour work shifts. It takes less than an hour to COMPLETELY clean a carb, so there are no excuses, for somebody that "knows their sh*t".
jerkit.gif

he did rejet it. i just was typing fast and not paying attention

400ex plastics on a 250R is a common mod. Who cares what it looks like......if it runs fine and/or can be made running fine, then it's a steal and a half.

If you want a 4 stroke, stop deliberating about it, and go get one.

i cant go get one cause no one will trade staright up for a blaster around here. i found that guy with the raptor and he said he would trade but he was like a 1 in a million.

stick with your blaster i went thru the same thing you are going thru ,i too wanted more power bigger quad all the way around after a topend in my blaster get got fed up with it and and a guy from outa state traded me a Z400 for my blaster , the Z400 ran really good handle and jumped like a caddy ........then a week later it started geting hard too start and back fireing so i clean the carb didnt fix.... it so hours later i found out i needed a new cam chain ,valves , seats so i ended up ordering a whole cylinder head and chain coming out to 356.00$$$$$$ my top end for blaster ended up costing 164.00$$$soon as i got the Z400 to together i traded it for a nice blaster with a pipe and some other stuff done to and it has alittle less power then the Z it seems to me and i couldn't be more happy

well this guy is going to take it to a shop and get it fixed then we might trade if i still want it by then. im sure the shop is going to check everything and replace it so it should be fine when he gets it back. so i wouldnt need to do what you went through pa

i just want lowend power and my blaster doesnt have that and fourstrokes naturally have it and thats why i want one. i basically just ride trails so i dont need the 2 stroke topend. i just need low end so it would make it easier on me. the trails just turn all the time so its hard to get it in the powerband and actually get it out of 2nd gear. i barely ever get it out of third and i dont want to because after that my blasty is besically all topend. from 1-3 it has more lowend but still not enough to where i would like it.

im telling you. trade for the 250r. try it. if you dont like it you can trade it for a MUCH BETTER 4 stroke quad. you could probably find someone who would trade a 400ex for a 250r without thinking about it

im telling you. trade for the 250r. try it. if you dont like it you can trade it for a MUCH BETTER 4 stroke quad. you could probably find someone who would trade a 400ex for a 250r without thinking about it

While I agree, you have to remember, he isn't good with mods or working on quads in general. He blew up his Blaster 4 times in 1 year. If he picked up the 250R, I'm willing to bet it would blow up 4 times in 1 year as well and it would just sink him in a bigger hole. He needs to pick up a COMPLETELY stock 4 stroke and never touch it.

alright here ill make up ur mind for you..by theTRX250r..you invest a lil time into it clean it up throw few bucks at it and i can promise you a 100% profit if not more since they are collectibles especially ones that havent been modded..they are fairly hard to come by in your area and they regularly sell for 3k in bone stock form..with 3k you could buy a nice modern 450

realize something your blaster is worth 1200 if that realistically these days...that trx in that condition is worth 2500 if not more

That thing doesn't look in good condition at all. I personally don't like the 400ex rear fenders on it. I think it has the stock pipe with after market silencer? Im probably wrong but idk. I want it but I don't want a pos.

That thing doesn't look in good condition at all. I personally don't like the 400ex rear fenders on it. I think it has the stock pipe with after market silencer? Im probably wrong but idk. I want it but I don't want a pos.

looks are deceiving...250r plastics are cheap on ebay. paint a few things and it will look better than the day it rolled off the line.. you can get a full exhaust (paul turner is good stuff) on ebay for 50 bucks..raptors are heaps man ur regret it

get the 250r and trade it for for a raptor 660 or 700 personally i think raptors are big aND hevy and slow for how much engine they got .,.............BUT im only one person
im not trying to down you .....

raptors are good for people who ride like pussy's but thats about it get the trx

WHOOOOA! Obvoiusly you have never been to AWK Mountain, and seen the rides we do. My son on his blasty and i'm on the 250 rappy, have no problems staying with everyone and this sh*t is GNCC material! I'M 6'1 225LBS it hauls me around good!

Even my kids can ride the hell out of it! I bought it new in '08 for my daughter and haven't had a problem yet , except getting thrown off it a few times and rolling it many times because of my old ass thinks I'm 18 again! Rappy has done very well, 3 years so far and no engine problems , It would of been nice if they made it a six-speed however, only thing I think could use improvement!

I say if you need reverse, you don't know how to ride!

why do you keep asking what everyone thinks its what you want you want a 4 stroke get one if you cant handle riding a 2 stroke then get rid of it anyone can go fast on a 4 stroke not everyone can on a 2 stroke