Warrior for the Girlfriend?

Lindso

I'm thinking about buying a 2002 Warrior, MAINLY because it has reverse and I won't have to get my lazy ass up off my Blaster to get it unstuck if it were to become so. HOWEVER---I know nothin at all about 4-strokes other than they sound stupid and farty next to our 2-strokes.

I'm just wonderin if anyone here knows a thing or two about them, has any useful opinions and input, and of course, is willing to share that information with me. This is the Warrior

Thanks!

-Lindso

P.S. Will those rims fit on my Blaster? You'd laugh if you saw my rims..

my stock blaster with a fmf pipe walked on my friends warrior not too bad though lol
as far as working on them im not sure they look complicated to me but then again the only atv ive worked on is my blaster but im sure with a haynes manual it cant be too hard

The bike looks good but ask your self do you want to buy something you are going to sell in a week ? Because thay are not worth the money if you don't get it for a bargain

Warriors are kick ass machines. My friend has had one for 6 years now and NO problems. Carbs arent junk, starters arent junk, no reverse lever issues to date. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. Simple as that.

At first When I read the title "warrior for the girl friend" the first thing that crossed my mind was "do it that sounds like a good trade" but now that I realize that your buying it FOR your GF. I gotta say I'm with 4cfed. I looked at 2 of them last fall and didn't buy them because the carbs were both messed up. The one was from a guy I work with, he had taken it to the yammy dealer 3 times to have it jetted and tuned and they couldnt get it right. Finally they told him he needed a whole new carb. But I guess you could always just throw an aftermarket carb on it and be ok.

I owned a '00 warrior and didn't have any problems with it. Whats your girlfriends size? If she's petite, then the warrior is going to feel too big for her and you might want to look for something like 4cfed said, a 300ex. If she's bigger, heighth and weight wise, then the warrior would be better suited for her

I have a 98' warrior (bought it new) and have had no major problems at all. I cleaned the carb for the first time this spring. I do the regular maintenance and keep it clean. Most of the parts are just like my blaster so if you do your own work then this should be a breeze. You wont be doing a top end every year or so. If you keep good gas in it and change the oil once per year you will have many years of service without having to invest time or $$$$. My son (10 yrs old and weights about 85 lbs) loves riding it and he does pretty good on the trails and a track with it.

I bought an 01 brand new and havent had any major problems with it. Only things I have done are put a new battery in it. Im gonna rebuild the carb soon. Other than that no probs with the starter, or reverse lever. Guess its all in how you take care of your stuff.

Well my GF is about 5'7 and 115 but she probably won't be the only one riding it, just the 'main' rider.
One of you mentioned that a Warrior probably wouldn't be worth it if I didn't get it for a cheap price- is this one listed for a decent price? $1600?

So far it seems about 50/50; some of you have had problems and some haven't. I've heard these things can tear it up on the trail and their torque is enough to get up hills w/out too much of a problem compared to some other bikes this size. Is that true?

I've looked around at the Honda 250's and 300EX's around here but there are none in decent condition in my price range. There's a couple nice 450R's but I'll be damned if I get her something that leaves me in the dust. Would the 250 EX even keep up with a Warrior?

we ride with a warrior sometimes and we do some pretty steep hills climbs and the warrior made it up no problem at all.the guy on the warrior is the one that made us wanting to start climbing this hill cuz he went up it first

My buddy bought a polaris trailboss for his gf (now fiancee actually) and she loves it. I'm not a huge fan of the polaris automatic quads...but for a girl who doesn't really 'ride' just wants to tag along, they're great. Way user friendly, the suspension is so plush you don't even feel the trail, pretty good ground clearance so don't get stuck easily, and it can get up and go if needs be. I have tooled around on it and it's pretty fun....nothing like a real quad (by real quad, I mean something with separate f/r brakes, and a clutch) but great for beginners and such.

The tires aren't small on it either. She doesn't love riding in his jeep with no doors
DSC03062.jpg

so she tags along behind on the quad!!

here's the trail blazer...it's 2 wheel drive but it's like a sport utility with plenty of utility capabilities I'd say.
Wheelin072008003.jpg

iv had NOOO problems with warriors my friend has one and its been beet on since day one. altho my cuzin got one the same day and it blew up yes im serious that a 4 banger blew up but it did because of a dity air filter says the yamaha tech dude person and as far as yur rims fittin u need the warrior hubs there like 15 to 30 dollars on ebay than no problem and i say get it

They are good machines. The one you're looking at looks real nice for that price. No paint wear by pegs=low usage. Oil is cheep, I presume your near Albaqurki(sp) so it's gotta be dusty I'd change it way more than once a yr. Take GF with to look at it, if she knows how to let her take a spin on it also! My .02