Vito's TORS Replacement cable and cap.

j mcq37

Apr 7, 2011
mass
So I did the Tors elimination kit a week or so ago. I got the thing all put together, I notice the cable jacket just sits in the tensioning(end) fittings. Where the stock cable the jacket was crimped into the end fitting. The problem I'm having is that if you pull on the cable the engine races up. Which is to be expected but if your riding and snag a branch which pulls your throttle open and the jacket doesn't seat the the end fittings correctly. You got and issue of a stuck open throttle.

I was just wondering if this is how the cable is suppose to be. To me it seems like a safety hazard.

I think mines the same way. I guess you could carefully JB weld it in without getting any on the cable...or grease the cable. Just my 2 cents but thats true never though of it.

--john--

That's the way the aftermarket cables are.

There is supposed to be a rubber "boot" which should slide over the adjuster and be fairly tight on the cable. If everything is like it's supposed to be it should take a strong tug to pull the cable back through the boot.

With a couple zip ties and a big pair or channellocks, Problem solved lol. I crimped the snot of the open end of the adjuster and secured the cable to the handle bars.