Update: Nightmare exhaust project!

To show you guys, this is what i have been dealing with....

Firstly the dents... they are worse realtime than the picture due to angle, specially the top dent.. DAMN i hate it! .. RIGHT at my nice logo and where people watch! ..

FMF2.jpg

FMF2_1.jpg

Then you can see how much it is off at the rear silencer mount! Firstly this is the only mount i have! Second please dont tell me twist it, kick it, bend it to get it into place! I have tried i have tried to use very much force! If i use additionally force i think i will damage something badly.. If i simple move it up to fit the hole, the center piece where the 2 pipes meet are not sealed at all! .. (where the rubber gasket thingy goes over) There are to much play then...

The major problem is its about a inch off! And that makes it hell to get anything down there.. you can see the solution i used was some metal band with holes in.. but it dosent sit correctly due to not enough space.. so the rubber plug at the canister mouting hole will break over time, you can see the bolt "eating" the rubber.. this was only to try a test ride.! .. so i will remove it again.

FMF.jpg

FMF4.jpg

I suspect one of theese "joints" to not have the correct angle .. My main suspect is the rear silencer joint.. I might have been bended over transport..

The solution im gonna try even there is a great risk of damage is to use a propane flamer to heat that angled joint up .. so it gets redhot and try to bend / twist the silencer into place.. have not tried before, but it seems logic and shooooould work! ill just have to keep an eye out not to burn a hole in the pipe..

FMF3.jpg

And please dont comment how ugly state my quad is in.. its in a complete body rebuild.

Yea those to dents were deff not there when i send the pipes,and for the rear not lining up is sooooo wierd,bc it lined up perfect with my grab bar hole.

As for what ur saying about using a torch,does sound logical like it would work.

my question is does it leak exhaust from where the two joints meet when you attach it to the grab bar? you can see in the pics i posted mine is like 1"-1.5" from butting up perfectly and i leak no exhaust. if its not leaking then who cares? also i think you should try to put the header mount (the one on top of your pipe) that attaches under your bars on the other side of the mounting tab. those dents are naaaaaasty usps must of used it as a foot stool or something.

First thing could be is that the cylinder bolts are normally the first ones that vibrate and loose the threads so people tap hole out and re thread to bigger size. Could it be that yours have this done already? that would be why you had to drill out the mounting holes on exhaust. The grab bars place/end of frame is a very common place for the frame to twisted or bent from factory from either a crash or somebody tipping it over from wheelie or tying a rope on grab bar and pulling things etc . you should be able to make a mounting tab for rear can or if you really want to simplify your parts you could just add/weld on to your grab bar mounting tab on that side and drill a hole through for can mount. I think you can buy tabs for the springs that bolt on to the cylinder exhaust bolts. I know i have seen them somewhere. good luck

when i had my blaster back about 5 years ago it had an FMF pipe... same issues as your having lassek... FMF pipes for blasters just don't fit well.. i had heard that at one point yamaha changed the length of the subframe.. FMF must not have corrected their stinger length accordinaly.. mine used to go through rubber links between the headpipe and stinger all the time.. i ended up just buying 1" heater hose and cutting it to length.. so i always had spares... if i bolted it on the grab bar mount it would just barely touch the tip of the end of the head pipe

my question is does it leak exhaust from where the two joints meet when you attach it to the grab bar? you can see in the pics i posted mine is like 1"-1.5" from butting up perfectly and i leak no exhaust. if its not leaking then who cares? also i think you should try to put the header mount (the one on top of your pipe) that attaches under your bars on the other side of the mounting tab. those dents are naaaaaasty usps must of used it as a foot stool or something.

I havent tried, i will do some more testing in the upcoming week. Then i will fix it i hope. Will the torch or some other way..

I will try to get the top mount on other side as you say..

Yeah i dont know what the f*ck USPS have done to it.. really a shame! .. Hope i can freeze them out sometime in the future..