Truck Leveling

2g00d4u

Apr 22, 2010
Smithville, ON, Canada
Well my truck sits a few inches higher in the back than the front and it looks kind of dumb so I was wondering if anyone has installed a leveling kit on a truck before? I believe its a 2" lift for the front shocks, but I'm not sure. Can someone recommend a good kit for a 1996 ford ranger please?

I'm considering lifting it a few more inches than that, but I want to just stay with spacers, and not a full out lift that requires extended parts and a full dis assembly of the truck. how far can you go with spacers only?

is this a coil spring ranger ??
i know on my 02 4wd, you just crank the torsion bars

yes it is, how would I know if that was possible with mine?

if you have coil springs, you don't have torsion bars

go over to fordrangerforum.com and search for
"leveling your year" 2wd/4wd
lots of info over there

The best way to level your truck is with taller coil springs in the front and you will need new shocks as well. Just look on the ranger forum and there are prob coil springs from another kind of truck that you could get cheap.

The best way to level your truck is with taller coil springs in the front and you will need new shocks as well. Just look on the ranger forum and there are prob coil springs from another kind of truck that you could get cheap.

i believe i did see that over there....f-150 springs, check into it
oddly though, i also remember seeing chevy leaf springs for the back...on 4wd's

i believe i did see that over there....f-150 springs, check into it
oodly though i also remember seeing chevy leaf springs for the back...on 4wd's

It says I would need to modify the mounts for that to work, I don't want to risk messing that up is all :(

how would 2" front spacers work for this?

It says I would need to modify the mounts for that to work, I don't want to risk messing that up is all :(

how would 2" front spacers work for this?

do it, they're cheap enuf to try !
ultimately shock extensions or 2" longer shocks should be used
but spacers have been used alone

do it, they're cheap enuf to try !
ultimately shock extensions or 2" longer shocks should be used
but spacers have been used alone

could you recommend a set on ebay or something please? I just want to get the right ones on the first try. mine is a XLT extended cab, that seems to matter when buying them.

don't have one lol must be all you :D

My bad. That must of been your girlfriend .Lol
fe2d1636.jpg

could you recommend a set on ebay or something please? I just want to get the right ones on the first try. mine is a XLT extended cab, that seems to matter when buying them.

you are correct, i found a few sets on ebay,
and all say "do not fit xl/ext. cab" ???

not sure what the difference is

i'd suggest creating an account on fordrangerforum.com
and ask the pro's

if you don't off-road hard those shock extenders will work, but of ya want to beat the crap out of it just do the springs will be the best and safest way. You should have your alignment checked to that can throw the camber off sometimes!