Thoughts on E3 Spark Plugs?

lol i looked all over for them.... i guess i will have to get one down the shore, since theres like 15 auto partz stores all in a row on 1 highway ahah. i have heard both ways on those plugs tho. i heard that they did really good gor cars and trucks, and i also heard that they did really bad. and i dont understand how it would burn a hole in the piston! the person who used them probs got too long of a plug, or dident even get the rite one at all, thats really the only way i can see that happen.

Good ole American marketing. Electrical arc cannot travel in a circle. It travels from pos to neg. It will hit one of three grounds. E3 didnot rewrite the laws of phyisics. If it were that good, don'tcha think all the automakers would be like stink on $hit with them?? Your but dyno might say "WOW I got 3 more HP!!" , when it's all in your head, and less in your wallet.

So true. Theyre garbage Bro. the spark plug has been around for more than a century without being completely redesigned. At least that was my thought. Plus I know they jack Harley top ends. But, a Harley is nothing like our blasters.

id sure like to have that spark plug tester thingy in the vid

just take a 12v batter to one.... works the same

So true. Theyre garbage Bro. the spark plug has been around for more than a century without being completely redesigned. At least that was my thought. Plus I know they jack Harley top ends. But, a Harley is nothing like our blasters.

Harleys are SH*T!!!! no offense to anyone here, but they break down every 5 miles.... and our blasters can probs blow those things away as far as speed and realibility

Why not just get one of the BR8IX i think is the one i put in my little bros blaster.its an iridium or platinum i dolnt remember but its a good plug but pricey and the only thing i noticed was it started easier and throttle response was a tad criper but imo not worth what he payed for it.

Champion plugs are a copper plug which isnt a bad thing but if it were me id put the NGK's in it and tweek the jetting ultimately thats where your power,throttle response,and so on come from not a plug with a bunch of hocus pocus claims.

FYI BOSCH did the same thing and made the same claims years ago with their platinum +4 plugs.Ive seen many of those plugs that the chinsey cheap ass electrodes came off and ended up bouncing around in the cylinder.Not worth the claimed gains.Autolites in my fords and NGK's in my atvs and motorcycles.

just take a 12v batter to one.... works the same

Harleys are SH*T!!!! no offense to anyone here, but they break down every 5 miles.... and our blasters can probs blow those things away as far as speed and realibility

Sir you obviously are young or ignorant in your information.The days of wrenching all week tightening all the fasteners that you loosen up every weekend riding died when the "E" or EVOLUTION motors arrival.Youre thinking of vintage harleys and anyone with those bikes is fully aware and obliged to do the maintenance and upkeep associated with owning them.

I personally like suzuki bikes and currently own a GSXR110W but i like my fair share of harleys and such.

Anyhoo id do a little homework before making such a dumb comment on something you obviously know nothing of and of course i mean no offense to you but you really should look into harley engines theyve came a long way since 1903 i will agree there not as good as the jap bikes on power,speed,agility,longevity but theyre not for any of that theyre cruisers.

Sir you obviously are young or ignorant in your information.The days of wrenching all week tightening all the fasteners that you loosen up every weekend riding died when the "E" or EVOLUTION motors arrival.Youre thinking of vintage harleys and anyone with those bikes is fully aware and obliged to do the maintenance and upkeep associated with owning them.

I personally like suzuki bikes and currently own a GSXR110W but i like my fair share of harleys and such.

Anyhoo id do a little homework before making such a dumb comment on something you obviously know nothing of and of course i mean no offense to you but you really should look into harley engines theyve came a long way since 1903 i will agree there not as good as the jap bikes on power,speed,agility,longevity but theyre not for any of that theyre cruisers.

nnoooo there nice bikes, but they just break down a lot........ i always hear about ppl always workin on them... js

How is the same spark that has been going from the center electrode to the single ground electrode going to be any different when it goes to three ground electrodes instead??? You might get three weaker sparks vs. one good spark....but how are you going to gap that plug???????

If the distance between the ground electrodes and the center is different for any of the three grounds, it's going to go to the closer one(s) and not the further one.

Use a regular old NGK FTMFW!!!

How is the same spark that has been going from the center electrode to the single ground electrode going to be any different when it goes to three ground electrodes instead??? You might get three weaker sparks vs. one good spark....but how are you going to gap that plug???????

If the distance between the ground electrodes and the center is different for any of the three grounds, it's going to go to the closer one(s) and not the further one.

Use a regular old NGK FTMFW!!!

Thats thing you dont.Theyre first and foremost marketing hype and second the theory behind it is that the spark has more availible places to travel and as we all know electricity is going to take the path of least resistance.

Youre absolutely right tho use a NGK.

well ill be honest with you guys imo and trials theyre worthless. i got all excited about the e3 plugs and wanted more power out of my tacoma so i put them in it and lost all kinds of power man it would miss like crazy my check engine light stayed on i ran them for two days and put ngks back in my tacoma and ive lost power from where i started. idk what those plugs did to my truck yet but when i get a chance to look at it ill repost and tell yal the damage, i lost a noticeable ammont of power tho. e3 plugs are good target practice for a .22 tho. ill never own another pair.

I say use the NGK B8RES ,but if you want to try something different,there is always this...
closeplug.jpg

I don't even know if they make one for the blaster. To be fair,I never look either. I look at it this way...you can only get so much from a spark plug. It would be fun to experiment though. It a spark plug,so its an easy swap.

Most people think that the multiple earth electrode spark plugs is a new idea. They're not. Look at these antiques...
The center one has a sheet metal disc that is gapped all the way around.

318120.jpg

This one is called the Flame Spinning Electrode Spark Plug...

317694.jpg

Modern day stuff...

Here's NGK's version...
BUR9EQP.jpg

Here's one that Bosch makes...

closeplug.jpg

CRAZY STUFF!

Last edited: