Spark plug wire size?

Mar 3, 2024
Hello everyone, I am taking care of odds and ends on the frame and electrical while the jug is being rehoned. I noticed my spark plug wire is a little melted on one side but the coil and spark plug boot tests just fine. Is there somewhere I can find out what size that spark plug wire is or should it say on the wire itself? I don't see any markings but it is 24 years old most likely.

You can make most any sparkplug wire work. I would just avoid Chinese stuff from Amazon.

One of my 250R trikes has an Eddie Sanders top end. The sparkplug comes straight out of the top of the head as opposed to coming out at an angle on a stock head. Makes for some clearance issues with a frame gusset on the trike. I was running a sparkplug wire from a weed eater for awhile that had a smaller cap and it worked fine. 🤣

Probably just need to avoid fancy large gauge performance automotive wires that might be too fat to fit into the coil.

Any time neighbor! Yeah, I'm a guy. Name is Joe by the way.

I enjoy helping people take care of their stuff when I can. We all started at square 1 at some point. In this modern day where so many people are so submerged in social media and video games, it's nice to help someone get outdoors and live real life. Yeah this is a form of social media, but there is real substance to it.

Check out the Blaster build I'm doing with my 16 year old daughter in the full rebuild section 🙂