Started my DIY +4 swingarm today

^^^^Great link! Thanks very much. Not sure how I missed this before.:-[

Just trying to help out, youre pics helped me a lot, I:I im planing on doing the same on +3, but i think i´ll keep the original shock mount, to be honest the idea that youre shock movement is going straight down, and right on the welded spot, makes me a litlle nervous, but i bealive you must know what youre doing.
Any chance you have the inside measurement of the swingarm ?
Thanks for youre pictures. Rep +

hes using a longer shock thou, this way he keeps the stock ride height.
I am also using this thread, going +3 aswell.

I agree, but i´m also using a rear YFZ450 shock,

I tryed mounting the 450 shock on the stock swing.. :D :D :D never seen that rear end so high in the sky :D :D

IMG_1527-1.jpg

thats sooo sick nice work on the swing. It makes me want to start on cutting mine. How much did the extended swing build cost you?

Thanks for all the comments.

Regarding the shock mounting position, to be honest, I'm not sure how well it will hold up. I put the shock mount there because I wanted a close to stock ride height, and increased travel. I used the info from the thread Phragle posted on suspension geometry to find the location that would work best. I have nearly 11" as it sits now. Time will tell I guess.

As far as cost goes, it didn't really cost anything out of pocket, as I used some scrap I had laying around from previous projects. The tubing I used was 1" x 2" x .125 wall, and then some 1/8" plate for the lower shock mount extensions, and some scrap 14 guage plate for the fish plates.

If I get my shock rebuilt in time, I'll be going on a good ride this weekend. I'll see how it turns out.

Well, it's done! Here's a few more pics. I'm going to the track tomorrow with a buddy with a z-400. I'll see how the sketchy rear mount holds up.:D

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

So far, it feels really, really plush. I re-measured, and measuring from the grab bar I've got 12.25" rear travel! I made this mainly for trails, it may be on the soft side for any really big jumps. It is really smooth though. I used Phragle's instructions to service the rear shock. His pics and instructions are bang-on for a YFZ shock BTW. Looks like the PO had the compression adjuster out and damaged the o-ring. Seems fine now with fresh Amsoil ATF and a new o-ring.

if that mount gives, go with 3/16ths and you should be fine, nice work..your going to love the added travel! you may want to adapt your riding style to the longer travel... dont hang off the back like you did before, ride it more like a bike with your weight in the middle.

Well, I went and thrashed at the track tonight. Bottomed pretty hard a couple times, cased a few more. IT ROCKS! No bends, cracks, loose fasteners etc. I'm STOKED! I:I